cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 5 Wi-Fi ping issues

rafaelmonteex
Star I

Hello guys,

I work with Android APP's development, and my last work was with latency reduction.

I tried ICMP pings to a lot of destinations, TCP pings and also TCP stablished connection, and the spikes keeps happening.

After days trying to find the issue that was causing network spikes, I saw in tracert that the communication of ROG Phone 5s with router was not good, even close to router.

The most annoying is that a Moto G from 2015 and a Xiaomi Redmi Note using the same Wi-Fi has a very stable connection.

Also tried with 3 differente Routers.

This doesn't happen with RJ-45 USB-C adaptor, when connected directed by cable with router, so I guess that it can be a Wi-Fi driver problem, I don't know.

I saw that there's other people using Rog5 and Rog6 with the same issue there I had: https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/rog-phone-6/rog-phone-6-wifi-ping-issues/m-p/245809/thread-id/775/page/5 

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

techguy150
Star II

Try connecting to a different WiFi AP using both the ROG 3 & ROG 6. If the ping is still inconsistent then you might have a defective unit.

Regards,
John

Hello,

I did it, and also with different ROG5 devices. It's not my unit.

There's more people with the same problem reporting in thread that I've mencioned in post .

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.