HildaX
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: Isn't displaying in the settings
Rooted or not: No software modifications at all
Frequency of Occurrence: A long time ago when i upgraded OS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello! I am a student who had the chance to work at a phone repair shop to help customers, fix computers etc. The pay? Some money for personal use and the Asus rog phone 5 itself. Basically I got the phone upfront and everything went great.
After some time I got a software update and decided to update. Well the next day, wifi was not working nor the hotspot. I have tried different solutions such as using an USB Wi-Fi adapter, wired connection, bluetooth(this one was working for me). Now I have started using another asus phone(Pad phone from 2012) as a replacement to stay off the internet. But now when I want to use the phone, one of the most important features is not working.
Here are some troubleshooting steps I tried:
-Restart phone
-Factory reset

I do not have the receipt but I have the original box which the phone came in with. I heard that the warranty will start counting from the manufacturing date of the phone. Any help? I live in Estonia so the closest Asus service center is in lithuania.
The phone is great though but the most important feature for a phone like this just does not work. What can I do in this situation to get the Wi-Fi fixed?
14 REPLIES 14

Azuleon
Star I
I do all i can to bring back my WiFi but it still says error. I don't have my warranty, dan somebody help?

vamsikrisna
Star III
My wifi is working but Bluetooth audio is breaking. This after going to repair for three times and also phone takes only half charge. They literally replaced everything in the phone and still it doesn't function asbit is supposed to work. They can't help in any way. They keep breaking something or other even after repair. Moreover even mods have no idea about the device specs. I complained in consumer forum India. I suggest you all do the same. They should replace the devices with properly working ones. People from India whoever got the faulty phone please file a case.

Jebaited
Star I
I have quite a history with ASUS i would like to share.
10/30/2021: phone died and cannot be turned ON
10/30/2021: brought phone to service center MOBO replacement
11/01/2021: picked-up newly repaired phone
11/11/2021: sent phone back to service center due to abnormal battery % display or charging issues idk
11/15/2021: received repaired phone
12/23/2021: sent phone back to service center due to WIFI and HS not working after sudden restart
12/29/2021: received a replacement unit (coz I requested for it)
02/17/2022: sent phone back to service center due to phone died suddenly
02/21/2022: picked-up repaired phone they said they replaced MOBO, note that this unit is already a replacement
04/14/2022: sent phone back to service center due to again phone died suddenly
04/20: picked up repaired phone

And today
12/11/2022: phone suddenly restarted then when I tried to turn on wifi, surprise surprise it doesn't work again.
I have no plan of sending it back to the service center again imma just let it die. I've had enough of this bullshit. Not buying any ASUS product ever again. Premium phone my ass

FunBike31
Community Legend I
p-20221211-193209.jpg
alcatel-9109-ha-collection.jpg
Yes, premium, but only on the price, when the rest, even the worst Chinese shit is more reliable.
I use mobile phones long before the gsm and Android, (Radiocom 2000 car phone) and since my 1st Alcatel mobile phone in 1991, about 80 different phones for me wife and children in 31 years, I have never known a phone with so many serious and different problems.
The most significant failures were on the Alcalel 9109 and the Motorola 8700, both had the microphone on the valve, connection cut. of all the phones kept for an evolutionary history, I believe these are the only 2 that are no longer functional.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, Azuleon  and Jebaited.
I have PM for more detailed information.
Please kindly check and confirm before we can be of further assistance.
Thank you.