HildaX
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: Isn't displaying in the settings
Rooted or not: No software modifications at all
Frequency of Occurrence: A long time ago when i upgraded OS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello! I am a student who had the chance to work at a phone repair shop to help customers, fix computers etc. The pay? Some money for personal use and the Asus rog phone 5 itself. Basically I got the phone upfront and everything went great.
After some time I got a software update and decided to update. Well the next day, wifi was not working nor the hotspot. I have tried different solutions such as using an USB Wi-Fi adapter, wired connection, bluetooth(this one was working for me). Now I have started using another asus phone(Pad phone from 2012) as a replacement to stay off the internet. But now when I want to use the phone, one of the most important features is not working.
Here are some troubleshooting steps I tried:
-Restart phone
-Factory reset

I do not have the receipt but I have the original box which the phone came in with. I heard that the warranty will start counting from the manufacturing date of the phone. Any help? I live in Estonia so the closest Asus service center is in lithuania.
The phone is great though but the most important feature for a phone like this just does not work. What can I do in this situation to get the Wi-Fi fixed?
14 REPLIES 14

hosenforhad05
Star I
My Rog 5 wi- fi not working

Vikas2506
Star I
My Rog 5 turned off and now not turning on

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, hosenforhad05  and Vikas2506.
I responded to your situation in the comments of your post and have sent you a private message for further assistance.
Please check your inbox in the top-right corner of the screen.
Thank you.

Justas99
Star I
Hi. I have the same problem. does not allow to turn on wifi. Please help to solve the problem.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, Justas99.
May I ask if you have tried the troubleshooting step in the link below?
[Phone/Pad] What to do if my phone won't connect to a Wi-Fi network? | Official Support | ASUS Globa...Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you!