This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 5 SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE!! What Can I Do ?

SMIT_GAMER
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5 (8/128)
Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0810.1226.139
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Day 1 Of The Problem: (21 October, 2022)
I am From Maharashtra, India
My ASUS ROG Phone 5 was delivered to me on 5th November 2021(Manufacture Date April 2021). I took extremely good care of it. While I was watching Youtube Videos today, it turned off all of a sudden. It wasn't even warm at the moment. I remember the battery was well over 75%. There is not even a single scratch on it and it has no physical damage or has never been dropped ever. I tried rebooting. 

I again Tried To turn On After 2 hours And mobile Turn On but when Rog logo show on Display and mobile again SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE 

Power on button, power on + volume down hold, power on + volume up hold, power on + both volume button. None of em worked. 
Plugged in the charger, the led indicator was also not working. 

I almost had an heart attack. I read on Asus rog forum that other owners of this device is also facing the same issue. Those of who faced it early, had it returned and those who faced later like me had to send to service center. As I read it's a faulty motherboard on this device. I am not sure though. My question is I paid 50 thousand rs for a device I can play games on and have fun not this headache.

It's been only 11 months since I got it for God's sake. 

It's Out Of warranty so let's see what happens(Becuase- Manufacture Date April 2021). I'll keep it updated. God bless me. ASUS ROG don't disappoint me any further.

Now Today Date is (04 January, 2023)

and I not Repaired Phone.
Because Of some Doubts :- 1) The Mobile Is Out Of Warranty And I
Know it is motherboard issue, to change it you have to pay 40000 rupees. I know motherboard is the issue.
2) If the service center demands 40000 from me, will I get help when I complain to National Consumer Help?
3) Will reballing CPU+RAM be worth it? Out Of The Asus Service Center !!
4) Out Of Asus Service Center In another center I checked that the mobile will be repaired there (RAM + CPU Reball & clean) and they have already repaired same problem faced mobiles. Is it right to do it here?

what do i do now ?
Please help me with some solution.
9 REPLIES 9

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, SMIT_GAMER and thank you for reaching out.
Could you please send us the serial number and details of the situation via PM so that we can better comprehend the situation?
Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

willjoe2442
Star III

Power on button, power on + volume down hold, power on + volume up hold, power on + both volume button

Regards,

Will

willjoe2442
Star III

Please turn off the laptop (press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds until the Power light is OFF to force shut down) and remove the AC adapter, then press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds to do Hard reset.

Regards,

Will

petergroft29
Star II

Turn off the laptop (press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds until the Power light is OFF to force shut down) and remove the AC adapter, then press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds to do a Hard reset.

Hope This Works,
Peter

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.