This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 5 SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE!! What Can I Do ?

SMIT_GAMER
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5 (8/128)
Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0810.1226.139
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Day 1 Of The Problem: (21 October, 2022)
I am From Maharashtra, India
My ASUS ROG Phone 5 was delivered to me on 5th November 2021(Manufacture Date April 2021). I took extremely good care of it. While I was watching Youtube Videos today, it turned off all of a sudden. It wasn't even warm at the moment. I remember the battery was well over 75%. There is not even a single scratch on it and it has no physical damage or has never been dropped ever. I tried rebooting. 

I again Tried To turn On After 2 hours And mobile Turn On but when Rog logo show on Display and mobile again SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE 

Power on button, power on + volume down hold, power on + volume up hold, power on + both volume button. None of em worked. 
Plugged in the charger, the led indicator was also not working. 

I almost had an heart attack. I read on Asus rog forum that other owners of this device is also facing the same issue. Those of who faced it early, had it returned and those who faced later like me had to send to service center. As I read it's a faulty motherboard on this device. I am not sure though. My question is I paid 50 thousand rs for a device I can play games on and have fun not this headache.

It's been only 11 months since I got it for God's sake. 

It's Out Of warranty so let's see what happens(Becuase- Manufacture Date April 2021). I'll keep it updated. God bless me. ASUS ROG don't disappoint me any further.

Now Today Date is (04 January, 2023)

and I not Repaired Phone.
Because Of some Doubts :- 1) The Mobile Is Out Of Warranty And I
Know it is motherboard issue, to change it you have to pay 40000 rupees. I know motherboard is the issue.
2) If the service center demands 40000 from me, will I get help when I complain to National Consumer Help?
3) Will reballing CPU+RAM be worth it? Out Of The Asus Service Center !!
4) Out Of Asus Service Center In another center I checked that the mobile will be repaired there (RAM + CPU Reball & clean) and they have already repaired same problem faced mobiles. Is it right to do it here?

what do i do now ?
Please help me with some solution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shivam_G
Star III
I'll suggest you to not pay any amount to ASUS for any kind of servicing related to their manufacturing defective motherboard. Almost everyone who owns ASUS ROG5 are facing with motherboard issue for some WIFI & mobile hotspot isn't working & for others mobile is suddenly getting OFF.
I'm also from MH, Thane. On 3rd Jan. I have handed over my phone to ASUS service center for repairing motherboard. In mine case my WIFI & Hotspot died suddenly & my device is out of warranty & they quoted me INR 54K for repairing which is more than the cost of device itself. As my device was OOW ASUS got a chance to earn huge bucks but I have refuse to pay as It's completely ASUS faults and they aren't ready to acknowledge it. However they told me they will repair it for free just for one time but there won't be any guarantee or warranty for the same & also my device may not perform as its used to be. Till yet no solutions has been given by ASUS & those guys are still trying to rip of money from me.
I would suggest you to contact the ASUS support by mail & clearly blame them it's their fault and you are not going to pay any single penny to them. If they disagree then you must file a complain on Consumer Forum against ASUS for fraud & consumer exploitation.
In my case if they didn't repair it for free & they didn't give me surety of this device then I'll file a case & try to ban this device to be selling in Indian market as it's an clear case of scam/exploitation.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Shivam_G
Star III
I'll suggest you to not pay any amount to ASUS for any kind of servicing related to their manufacturing defective motherboard. Almost everyone who owns ASUS ROG5 are facing with motherboard issue for some WIFI & mobile hotspot isn't working & for others mobile is suddenly getting OFF.
I'm also from MH, Thane. On 3rd Jan. I have handed over my phone to ASUS service center for repairing motherboard. In mine case my WIFI & Hotspot died suddenly & my device is out of warranty & they quoted me INR 54K for repairing which is more than the cost of device itself. As my device was OOW ASUS got a chance to earn huge bucks but I have refuse to pay as It's completely ASUS faults and they aren't ready to acknowledge it. However they told me they will repair it for free just for one time but there won't be any guarantee or warranty for the same & also my device may not perform as its used to be. Till yet no solutions has been given by ASUS & those guys are still trying to rip of money from me.
I would suggest you to contact the ASUS support by mail & clearly blame them it's their fault and you are not going to pay any single penny to them. If they disagree then you must file a complain on Consumer Forum against ASUS for fraud & consumer exploitation.
In my case if they didn't repair it for free & they didn't give me surety of this device then I'll file a case & try to ban this device to be selling in Indian market as it's an clear case of scam/exploitation.

I've replied to a few of these ones... And I stand by the fact that all this seems to be happening since the latest Android 13 update. Asus needs to fix this software issue... FAST

SMIT_GAMER
Star III
Shivam G

View post
I'm Also From Ahmednagar. Here Service center Send Mobile to mumbai for repair.
Earlier, when I bought a new mobile phone, after 1 month, the mobile phone had a problem with Fingerprint, Sim Detection, Vibration.
At that time the mobile was under warranty and they repaired it for free without any replacement.
I liked the service at that time but I did not know that there could be such a big problem in the future. As I am out of state, I can't send mobile repair.
Because of that the mobile was also out of warranty.
Now I want to get it repaired from the service center for free. MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT If they don't do it, I will file a national Consumer Helping Complaint on them. Let's see what happens next.
You also tell me whether your mobile has been repaired for free or not.
My Contact - smitrajbankar11@gmail.com
You can talk about it.

SMIT_GAMER
Star III
Shivam G

View post
Brother too
The mobile came repaired for free and they said that they will fix it for free one time, but there will be no warranty or guarantee, I doubt they said that because they will do motherboard replacement genuine?

After replacing the motherboard of the mobile or after resetting the mobile, the software version update will come and if it is updated then after that the problem will not occur again !!
Means Software Issue / Hardware Issue ? / Does SD 888 cause new problems when it heats up ?
THANK YOU.