cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

TX11559
Rising Star I
Android

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158262#Comment_158262

Yeah, it's difficult to read tones and there can be underlying messages when reading texts so I just pointed it out in case you were taking it the wrong way. (Not trying to be aggressive and I hope I don't sound that way lol)

But also, it's not that they want everything written in this thread. This is a general discussion thread for anything and does not have to be technical related. I'm sure they want the bending problem to be discussed in the already existing thread about said topic (the link I posted above).

View post
Don't worry, and it's fine.
Sometimes reading from texts can he indeed a problem.

Rangzen
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

Hi Zentalk,

As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.

As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.

GL HF! ❤️

https://rog.asus.com/event/ROG-Phone-5/

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread
Just wanna thank Asus for ticking most of my lists except on the Camera dept (IOS and sensor upgrade?). I know given it is a gaming device, but there are people like me who are willing to buy not being a gamer.
I'm buying the base variant anyway as soon as it launches in my country.
Please Asus, never again remove the headphone jack again, and this quad-dac addition was cherry on cake as I was looking to upgrade to LG V60. Do focus on addition of OIS and sensor upgradarion on every Asus higher models - be it Zenphone or ROG. I will blindly buy it no matter what.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Rangzen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45792/rog-phone-5-discussion-thread

Just wanna thank Asus for ticking most of my lists except on the Camera dept (IOS and sensor upgrade?). I know given it is a gaming device, but there are people like me who are willing to buy not being a gamer.

I'm buying the base variant anyway as soon as it launches in my country.

Please Asus, never again remove the headphone jack again, and this quad-dac addition was cherry on cake as I was looking to upgrade to LG V60. Do focus on addition of OIS and sensor upgradarion on every Asus higher models - be it Zenphone or ROG. I will blindly buy it no matter what.

View post
Adding those OIS & latest Camera sensor's will push device pricing to much higher bracket where customers will ignore ROG in buying comparisions with other brands.

Rangzen
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158364#Comment_158364

Adding those OIS & latest Camera sensor's will push device pricing to much higher bracket where customers will ignore ROG in buying comparisions with other brands.

View post
Isn't that what flagship phone is all about?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Rangzen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158367#Comment_158367

Isn't that what flagship phone is all about?

View post
Its a "Gaming flagship" not a "premium flagship" so basically Gamers dont bother much about camera's but yes sensors used in ROG have been always flagship level which are used with flagship zenfones so adding OIS will increase surely its costing where sales will be hampered with lots of competation. No any premium customer will buy gaming smartphone at premium price.
EIS does the job much closer like OIS these days so i dont think it is that necessary where gamers will keep there device for continous hardcore gaming rather than photography.