cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 throttle fiesta

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rog5.png
Iphone 12 throttling less than the so called "revolutionary redesigned cooling" on the Rog5.
meanwhile the Rog 3:
screenshot-20210726-232220187.jpg
I literally cannot believe that the passive cooling capabilities of the Rog5 is apparently worse than an Iphone 12.
33 REPLIES 33

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@FunBike31
DLSS is niche at best, it's hard to implement and rare to see on games. Meanwhile AMD's FSR which does basicially the same, granted it does look worse at anything below quality setting, but it's far easier to implement and already has more games supporting it than DLSS, modded and official. To demonstrate how easy it is to implement FSR, it took the devs of godfal literal 2 hours to implement it and modders added FSR in GTA 5 and Cossetta in no time. I don't know why you're even mentioning the 2 engines, sure you can use their dlss plugin but it requires a lot of work to function properly, since you have no clue about programming and game design you'd obviously not know. So please stop embarresing yourself.
Sadly due to driver overhead the FPS difference in competitive games such as CSGO isnt just 4fps, a lot more. To illustrate the problem, when taking a game like valorant, my 5700xt will net me around 450 - 500FPS on average, while an RTX 3900 would only net me an average of 300fps, the reason for this is the driver overhead problem. While the RTX 3900 would destroy my 5700xt in RTX, 4k, and other high resolution games, in competitive CPU bound games, my last gen 5700xt will win consistently. The thing that surprises me is that you're clearly a novice and you still want to argue against someone who clearly knows what he's talking about, can you stop embarresing yourself already?
My point wasnt that your FPS are bad, my point was you want to talk about performance yet you showcase an easy to run game, which is like wanting to talk about the performance of a chainsaw but use it at lowest level at all times, it's an incredibly dumb demonstration.
I'm still surprised unless we talk actual direct sun, like outside letting the sun shine onto your phone, then I'd have to agree that 45c is normal even for a lightweight game like rr3.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Also you already have rog5 users posting here with their terrible experience. I'm not some random hater that wants to hate on the phone for the sake of hating, I'm a guy who wants to spread awareness so people know what they get themselves into, I want ASUS to succeed, I want ASUS to learn from their mistakes and create something that can truly be considered the creme de la creme, the one and only gaming phone. From other products I can tell that ASUS wants to innovate and do risky things, while being consumer friendly, which I can absolutely respect. ASUS does have its absolute braindead moments, to mention something specific like the X299 motherboard which was considered an absolute VRM disaster or ASUS's first implementations of ELMB on their early 240hz monitors, but they also have their absolute amazing moments such as when they released their 360hz monitors, studiobook or the asus chimera notebook.
Thing is I know ASUS does look at consumer feedback and they do learn, so me being blunt about their blunders is just me wanting to see the rog6 succeed, as the Rog5 simply isnt something you can save, due to hardware issues such as bad cooling design.

Lumyai
Star II
My phone sometimes would suddenly very laggy and freeze
The only solution left is to force restart the phone, but it will happen again later
I already try to set limit background to 4, uninstall google, uninstall webview, use ram booster and always clear cache but it still happens
Any idea to fix this?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Lumyai

My phone sometimes would suddenly very laggy and freeze

The only solution left is to force restart the phone, but it will happen again later

I already try to set limit background to 4, uninstall google, uninstall webview, use ram booster and always clear cache but it still happens

Any idea to fix this?

View post
Do not use ram cleaner software, they will cause exacly that, freezes and lags.