This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 5 phone shut down

Samirit
Star II
I have been receiving an issue lately, where my phone suddenly shuts down. After I switch it on, the wifi is unable to be activated. I try to restart the device, but it doesn't work. I have to shut it down and then switch it on to make the wifi work. I have looked for viruses, tried safe mode and checked the battery quality. All seems to be fine. Can anyone give me some solution regarding this issue ?
4 REPLIES 4

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
freakingrocky

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

========================================

So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.

screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

Enjoy joining the group of angry mop

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Samirit For this issue, please consider reaching out to an ASUS service center in your area.

WeAreLegion
Star I
I am also experiencing this problem recently, it would shutdown occasionally while watching YouTube videos or playing mobile games. My phone would only turn while pressing down on both the Volume Up and Power button. I hope this issue would be resolved asap because I require my phone for work. I cannot replicate the problem all the time because it will only shutdown if the phone wants to.
Model: ROG Phone 5
Version number: 18.0840.2201.226

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi WeAreLegion
For this issue, please consider reaching out to an ASUS service center in your area. Thank you.
https://www.asus.com/support/rma-location