MT0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 5
Firmware Version:.226 (latest)
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Still trash performance even at the latest update, I was hoping on the latest update they will fix the downclocking of the cpu but ohh boy it' still the same.... locking at 1.08ghz when it reach up to 47c to 48c while playing genshin, what hurt the most is I'm only using medium settings at 60fps but it's barely reaching up to 50 fps while during combat or exploring demanding areas of the game.... I'm gonna attach a video to show I'm not kidding and for the asus mod to see that this phone is a joke at the current system update.....

92 REPLIES 92

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
ZT-6ba223c6

@Sarkiri "And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them."

Do you mean the shown CPU clock speed is wrong and it doesn't actually achieve the displayed 2.84Ghz in game genie?

Because in my opinion I can change it precisely to whatever I want from ~0.8ghz to ~1ghz over ~1.4 GHz and so on all the way up to 2.84Ghz and it really changes the performance.

View post
Like I said before, there is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate X-Mode, Dynamic, Advanced, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning (set Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM to all High).
The only workaround to get the full performance and utilize the 2.84GHz CPU was through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" which they have now taken away from us in .226 update. It is not longer working, your CPU will downclock to 1.42GHz when your system temperature reaches 42C even when you set the temperature limit to the max (6). So using a peltier cooler is even useless now since the temp goes up to 48C or 50C even with the cooler. You'll never the same performace.

Do you mean the shown CPU clock speed is wrong and it doesn't actually achieve the displayed 2.84Ghz in game genie?
I did not say the displayed 2.84GHz in Game Genie is wrong.
You can only achieve the full 2.84GHz performance with "Advanced Hardcore Tuning", what you are seeing when you are playing games or recording is not actual performance, the CPU clock will jump around a lot at that time and you'll see random 2.84GHz clock speed but what I am talking about is real performance of the CPU. When your temp reaches 42C it will downclock to 1.42GHz which was not the case before.
I am not saying I want to stay locked at 2.84GHz all the time. I want to use the full performance of the CPU as it should be. I want to use the X-Mode and X-Mode+ like before which use to lock my CPU clock speed at 2.38GHz when the temperature goes above 42C but never goes below 2.38GHz and I want to customize my own settings like it previously used to in hardcore settings.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205749#Comment_205749

just to make it clear it's only effected the vanilla version of the rog 5 series,

I don't think rog5 ultimate, rog5s , and rog5s pro are effected.

I can confirm this cuz my cousin's has rog 5s pro and use her phone and can still achieve the desire speed of the cpu up to 3.00ghz even if thermals goes up to 50c plus while playing genshin and still maintaining the clock speed 2.30 ghz when it thermal throttle. unlike on the classic rog 5 vanilla it locks the cpu to 1.08ghz when the thermals goes above 47c

that's the reason why were having huge fps drop while playing genshin impact.

View post
Is she on the same firmware version .226?

MT0
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205753#Comment_205753

Is she on the same firmware version .226?

View post
Unfortunately her firmware is different than ours she's at the latest firmware for the pro version which is .192 firmware

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205764#Comment_205764

Unfortunately her firmware is different than ours she's at the latest firmware for the pro version which is .192 firmware

View post
I see, I just checked the firmware page for the pro version and it looks like pro has a different firmware version than the normal ROG 5. So, she's not affected by this issue.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/205749#Comment_205749

just to make it clear it's only effected the vanilla version of the rog 5 series,

I don't think rog5 ultimate, rog5s , and rog5s pro are effected.

I can confirm this cuz my cousin's has rog 5s pro and use her phone and can still achieve the desire speed of the cpu up to 3.00ghz even if thermals goes up to 50c plus while playing genshin and still maintaining the clock speed 2.30 ghz when it thermal throttle. unlike on the classic rog 5 vanilla it locks the cpu to 1.08ghz when the thermals goes above 47c

that's the reason why were having huge fps drop while playing genshin impact.

View post
I see thanks for your explanation.. That's why I didn't notice any difference and have no complaints about performance so far 👍
I don't live in a warm region like India or such so my cpu doesn't warm up that fast. Even after an hour on 2.84Ghz gaming it remains at about 45°