This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 5 device Dead due to system update

sumit4us
Star III

first wifi and hotspot dead and after a month device dead, beware IF YOU BUYING THIS BRNAD VALUE READ IT I SHARE DOCUMENTS ALSO WHAT WE LEARN FROM SO CALLED SERVICE CENTRE

YOUR UPDATE KILL MY OVER PRICE DEVICE WHICH I HAVE TO SAY THAT PATHETIC BRAND VALUE AS PREMIUM SEGMENT I BOUGHT THIS DEVICE ONEAND HALF YEAR FROM NOW AND I HAVE DEAD DEVICE BECAUSE OF YOUR UPDATES ,WHICH REQUIRE REPLACEMENT OF MOTHERBOARD WHICH IS OVERPRICED AND EVEN MORE THAN I PAID FOR DEVICE,
thanks FOR GIVEN SUCH AWFULL EXPERIENCE AS IT BRAND AND GREAT TO USE SUCH HEFTY AMOUNT IN GARBAGE KNOW AS ASUS ROG 5

10 REPLIES 10

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II

Because heat from updating firmware makes your motherboard broken

I suggest update your system at air conditioner room to prevent that happen

first of all, if you don't read complete issue then don't try to be over smart with illogical quotes, next time you say that you have to update device in freezer for prevent this happen what kind of technical understanding you have.

Because the heat from update can makes your wifi module joint ball loose

I have rog 5s too and every updated firmware I do it at air conditioner room

I don't have any problem so far

There is some truth to his comment as rog phones have a penchant for going kaput within a year or so. Not to mention users who replaced motherboards report lower performance hinting asus is locking performance to prevent overheating.... which also happens during updates