cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random spontaneous reboots since OTA 18.1220.2112.175

ogremalfeitor
Star I
Hi people.
My Rog Phone 5S Pro started rebooting spontaneously since OTA 18.1220.2112.175 was installed. Not necessarily while using it, sometimes it does that even if it's not being used.
No overheating, no problems before the OTA was installed. Unrooted, and never tampered with the boot loader.
Anyone had the same issue? Any useful advice (besides the obvious... a factory reset is not an acceptable one since nothing strange has been done by me)?
8 REPLIES 8

ogremalfeitor
Star I
No replies? On reddit at least one user replied with the same issue, but no solutions so far...
Is this forum even alive?

ICS_Vortex
Star I
Hi. I have the same problem. Shop Service where I bought this brick didn't solve the problem.
Also, stupid forum rules doesn't allow me to upload or paste link to BUG Report.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ogremalfeitor

Hi people.

My Rog Phone 5S Pro started rebooting spontaneously since OTA 18.1220.2112.175 was installed. Not necessarily while using it, sometimes it does that even if it's not being used.

No overheating, no problems before the OTA was installed. Unrooted, and never tampered with the boot loader.

Anyone had the same issue? Any useful advice (besides the obvious... a factory reset is not an acceptable one since nothing strange has been done by me)?

Random spontaneous reboots since OTA 18.1220.2112.175
How often does this happen to you?
If happens in a reasonable time, can you reboot into safe mode and see if it reboots automatically.
ICS_Vortex

Hi. I have the same problem. Shop Service where I bought this brick didn't solve the problem.

Also, stupid forum rules doesn't allow me to upload or paste link to BUG Report.

View post
Change the . to be [dot] so it doesn't show as a link. The rule is there to stop spammers and is used in quite a lot of forums.

ICS_Vortex
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57033/random-spontaneous-reboots-since-ota-18-1220-2112-175

How often does this happen to you?

If happens in a reasonable time, can you reboot into safe mode and see if it reboots automatically.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201143#Comment_201143

Change the . to be [dot] so it doesn't show as a link. The rule is there to stop spammers and is used in quite a lot of forums.

View post
Then what's the reason of Bug Report functionality - if I am not able to paste even zip here?
Rithorical question