Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone not working on speaker mode

KevHo
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 5s [ZS676KS]
Firmware Version: Android 12 or 31.0810.1226.67 (I don't know where to check)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time on speaker mode
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Every apps that has the use of microphone and put on speaker mode
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I know I am new here to this forum or community but I hope this reached out to you guys.
My phone ROG 5s has updated to Android 12 last few months (maybe), I had tried it, it's not bad to have a huge icon in the control panel. it is cool new look and the game performance are improved.
I don't know this has a connection ties with the firmware or software on Android 12 or anyone had it or not. My microphone on ROG Phone 5s has a problem that it won't work during any speaker related call or in game voice chat (On Speaker). But on android 12 it shows the indicator mic is on that is good but realizing its not working.
Please I need help on this but good thing that the phone on earpiece mode its also loud as speaker like
1 REPLY 1

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@KevHo Please open the calculator app and input .12345+=
This will take you to SMMI test -> Go to 'Single test' and perform the different BoardMic tests there.
If any of them fail, it's possible you have a hardware issue and we recommend you contact a local ASUS service center and have them take a look at your device.