k_huat
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: stick to a11
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Warranty off after one year of purchase
So mates consult experience is it safe to upgrade to a12 or better stick with a11? 🤔
Possiblity of WiFi/hotspot problem after upgraded to a12?
8 REPLIES 8

nsanedown
Star III
From my experience, even if the auto update option is turned off the system will update at some point as I always keep the damn thing off but during a recharge I happened to glance to my left where the phone was charging to find it just rebooted itself.
Initially I thought "aw sh*t, here we go again with the motherboard", but low and behold the phone updated itself to the latest version even tho I didn't give it permission.

k_huat
Rising Star II
nsanedown

From my experience, even if the auto update option is turned off the system will update at some point as I always keep the damn thing off but during a recharge I happened to glance to my left where the phone was charging to find it just rebooted itself.

Initially I thought "aw sh*t, here we go again with the motherboard", but low and behold the phone updated itself to the latest version even tho I didn't give it permission.

View post
Mine turned off as well n will receive notification for updates everytime I restart phone.. I'll just ignore n swipe it away 🙄

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@k_huat
Notification is mandatory when auto updates is disabled, firmware does not download.

@nsanedown
It happened once the firmware was force pushed, even if you disable the auto update option, the manufacturer can override it.
Normally this is for very rare cases of security or legal obligation. it was the intern who must have pushed the wrong button 🙂

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.