Madgamer
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.128
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: always when playing games
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GENSHIN IMPACT

I'm very new to Asus phones so this will be my first rog phone, I Mange to buy this phone to my local asus store, my main purpose for buying this phone is to play genshin impact but to my surprise I'm very disappointed on its performance I'm not getting the advertise performance on genshin impact is it just me??? did I bought a defective phone ???? because every time I play genshin impact it struggles to play the game I'm getting very poor fps no matter what mod I use xmod, xmod + game tunning, and harcode tunning. on my REAL ME GT NEO 3 which is running snapdragon 870 can play this game very smoothly even on the highest settings but on my rog5 which have a snapdragon 888 even if I try lowering it to medium setting is still struggles....... which is I'm confuse because the snapdragon 888 is much powerful than the snapdragon 870

I Don't know if its a software issue or not @Mattias_ASUS  Gustav_ASUS or any mod could kindly help me and let their developer team know the performance on their phone right know or might as well go back to my local asus store and ask for a refund because I paid to much for a gaming phone where it can't even play one of the most demanding games on the android store ;(

28 REPLIES 28

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ask for refund. Nothing new, we all know about the poor performance.

Mattias_ASUS
Madgamer

1. Model Name: ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.128
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always when playing games
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GENSHIN IMPACT

I'm very new to Asus phones so this will be my first rog phone, I Mange to buy this phone to my local asus store, my main purpose for buying this phone is to play genshin impact but to my surprise I'm very disappointed on its performance I'm not getting the advertise performance on genshin impact is it just me??? did I bought a defective phone ???? because every time I play genshin impact it struggles to play the game I'm getting very poor fps no matter what mod I use xmod, xmod + game tunning, and harcode tunning. on my REAL ME GT NEO 3 which is running snapdragon 870 can play this game very smoothly even on the highest settings but on my rog5 which have a snapdragon 888 even if I try lowering it to medium setting is still struggles....... which is I'm confuse because the snapdragon 888 is much powerful than the snapdragon 870

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/HJAHGKDV72ZS/vid20221026105737-281-29.mp4

I Don't know if its a software issue or not @Mattias_ASUS  Gustav_ASUS or any mod could kindly help me and let their developer team know the performance on their phone right know or might as well go back to my local asus store and ask for a refund because I paid to much for a gaming phone where it can't even play one of the most demanding games on the android store ;(

DID ASUS SCAM ME ON THEIR ROG 5 ???
That looks a bit weird, could you please send me a pic of your settings in Genshin?
I also noticed that Sumeru specially is super demanding and not super well optimized, I got it lagging on my PC even.

Madgamer
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/65378/did-asus-scam-me-on-their-rog-5

That looks a bit weird, could you please send me a pic of your settings in Genshin?

I also noticed that Sumeru specially is super demanding and not super well optimized, I got it lagging on my PC even.

View post
Mattias_ASUSI'm just running the game at med settings ;(

312440953-1493375471087388-7790089565506439294-n.jpg
312377699-1308602183286682-324920861023133083-n.jpg

that's why I'm very confuse why the phone is struggling to play the game as soon the temps reach 40c I can see on my game genie the cpu clock is throttling super hard way down to 845ghz.. and even if I'm not on the sumeru I' m still getting poor fps especially during intense combat ;(
while on my real me gt neo 3 I can run the game smoothly at the highest settings even on demanding areas of sumeru I'm still maintaining 50 to 40 fps

MT0
Rising Star II
Madgamer sadly it's a software issue from ASUS their WW-31.0810.1226.128 firmware has a lot of bug all of us here whose using the rog 5 have been dealing it with it for the past year now and asus still hasn't manage to fix it they even made it even worst to the point it's embarrassing to call it a gaming phone 🤮🤢 here's my discussion regarding the issue.
MT0

1. Model Name:ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version:128
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GENSHIN IMPACT

So basically I Tried using my rog 5 phone again after 2 month after putting it in the cabinet because how much of a joke it is . Now I tried giving it another chance and update it to the latest firmware .128 "HOPING " at least they would finally fix the cpu clock issue when it comes to playing genshin impact but after updating it..... its even worst now so back to cabinet you go .... In the end for me ASUS doesn't even care, a lot people complaining about the CPU clock but we only got the silent treatment from the mods here regarding the issue. I know why they did this because of the overheating issue that would lead to a dead mother board, but I just can't understand why would they go this far of a downgrade.....

without recording I can at least maintain 30,40 to 50 fps high to med settings on the game .

but with recording during gameplay I' m lost for word

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/1JY1OTR5UWBX/rog5-genshin-performance-while-recording.mp4

I tried every tunning for the phone the only best option is go to hardcore tunning and put it all on lvl 3

at least the cpu can maintain an average of 1.67 ghz to 1.42 ghz

unlike the the other tunning option which is xmode xmode + and advance tunning where the cpu can go up to 2.86 ghz jumping down to quickly to 800 ghz and going back again up to 2.86 ghz resulting to unstable fps , it's like a manual car from gear 6 forcing it to gear 1 or in other term your car is running smoothly but quickly hitting the breaks and applying gas again and vice versa .

I wouldn't even bother buying the rog 6 or pro version of it and it's better to buy a poco x4 pro gt which is my main gaming phone now on genshin impact and I gotta say it's super butter smooth even if the phone update it still keeping its performance,

Right now the rog 6 is running smoothly but in the coming months or so in every update they would trash the performance of the phone like how they did on the rog 5.

This would be my first and last phone on asus because how many times I went to the service center because how it keeps dying on me without doing anything wrong and how much of a downgrade it went on the first release performance .

so thank you ASUS for the experience of how much of a joke your phone department is .

and also when you try advertising your rog phone pls don't benchmark genshin impact Like this

bench-p4tb.jpg

because your phone can't really deliver on the long term.

ROG 5 One more chance of redemption but sadly they really trash the phone's performance.
If I were you Would ask for a refund because right now the rog 5 is a joke phone that shouldn't have existed in the first place .