Madgamer
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.128
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: always when playing games
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GENSHIN IMPACT

I'm very new to Asus phones so this will be my first rog phone, I Mange to buy this phone to my local asus store, my main purpose for buying this phone is to play genshin impact but to my surprise I'm very disappointed on its performance I'm not getting the advertise performance on genshin impact is it just me??? did I bought a defective phone ???? because every time I play genshin impact it struggles to play the game I'm getting very poor fps no matter what mod I use xmod, xmod + game tunning, and harcode tunning. on my REAL ME GT NEO 3 which is running snapdragon 870 can play this game very smoothly even on the highest settings but on my rog5 which have a snapdragon 888 even if I try lowering it to medium setting is still struggles....... which is I'm confuse because the snapdragon 888 is much powerful than the snapdragon 870

I Don't know if its a software issue or not @Mattias_ASUS  Gustav_ASUS or any mod could kindly help me and let their developer team know the performance on their phone right know or might as well go back to my local asus store and ask for a refund because I paid to much for a gaming phone where it can't even play one of the most demanding games on the android store ;(

28 REPLIES 28

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@MT0 I'm personally looking at sony. If they imrpove on speaker a lil bit more and add triggers itll be the most perfect and non compromise phone on the market, altho price is high.

Devdutt
Star III
Scammers. Screw your apology. Giving outdate troubleshooting steps when they know what screwed it up. Wifi stopped working after stupid update.
Asus should stop putting this update after knowing its causing issues. I am going to start a lawsuit against you. My 7 month phone doesn't have wifi now. I will be without a phone while you figure out how to fix it. Shame. Never buy ASUS. They always have motherboard issues. From Lamborghini laptop in 2008 to my current dual screen laptop. 1000's USD for waste.

I was going to buy ASUS rog 6 for my bro. No bloody way I am giving any money to this shabby company.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, Devdutt.
I responded to your situation in the comments of your post:
Devdutt

Anyone else have their wifi not work after an update from ASUS for their ROG 5S phone?

Why do we have to pay for repairs if it is ASUS's fault for pushing an update with known issue?

They will tell you all the bullshit troubleshooting steps like restart/ format, etc. and we have to go to service center who won't even understand the problem and charge for the phone repair + Take weeks to get back. Anyone else facing this issue please contact me, I am getting my lawyer to draft a complaint to consumer court in India and also let's see how we can force them to rectify this. Absolute bad testing team they have.

I had a Lamborghini Asus laptop, motherboard got fried twice, had to wait 1 month for replacement in 2008. I have Asus ROG dual screen laptop right now, its only 1.5 years old and the 'S' key stopped working due to heating issue. It only works when the laptop is hot. Like what shoddy work is that. I am never getting ASUS or recommending expensive ASUS products to anyone ever again.

Consumer lawsuit against ASUS for update 31.0810.1226.128 which stopped the wifi from working
and have sent you a private message for further assistance.
Please check your inbox in the top-right corner of the screen.
Meanwhile, please note our Forum Rules and Regulations (Chapter 3) before leaving comments.
Thank you.

Devdutt
Star III
While you worry about my tone of language as per your rules, what ASUS is doing is shameful. There are comments here mentioning how the phone gets spoiled again even after replacing motherboard due to another update. So I have to keep sending it back? Once out of warranty I have to pay for it? Who wouldn't be furious. You take it up with your management what a crap product they made.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Devdutt

While you worry about my tone of language as per your rules, what ASUS is doing is shameful. There are comments here mentioning how the phone gets spoiled again even after replacing motherboard due to another update. So I have to keep sending it back? Once out of warranty I have to pay for it? Who wouldn't be furious. You take it up with your management what a crap product they made.

View post
-It is not for the language that the moderator tells you the rules but for the 15 discussions that you have rotten with your totally useless copy / paste, you would have been better off devoting this time to doing what it takes to bring a legal action but like the thousands of other ROG5 owners with dead WIFI cry wolf to you and nothing concrete happens, this joke has now been going on for 17 months, that dead ROG5 users still buy the ROG6 is hilarious.
Now, and this goes for everyone, stopping once and for all your fucking copy/paste is extremely penalizing for someone who is building up a record of all ROG 5 users with WIFI HS in anticipation of the inevitable death of his own.
A problem, a subject, it's too complicated 🤬