This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer lawsuit against ASUS for update 31.0810.1226.128 which stopped the wifi from working

Devdutt
Star III
Anyone else have their wifi not work after an update from ASUS for their ROG 5S phone?
Why do we have to pay for repairs if it is ASUS's fault for pushing an update with known issue?
They will tell you all the bullshit troubleshooting steps like restart/ format, etc. and we have to go to service center who won't even understand the problem and charge for the phone repair + Take weeks to get back. Anyone else facing this issue please contact me, I am getting my lawyer to draft a complaint to consumer court in India and also let's see how we can force them to rectify this. Absolute bad testing team they have.

I had a Lamborghini Asus laptop, motherboard got fried twice, had to wait 1 month for replacement in 2008. I have Asus ROG dual screen laptop right now, its only 1.5 years old and the 'S' key stopped working due to heating issue. It only works when the laptop is hot. Like what shoddy work is that. I am never getting ASUS or recommending expensive ASUS products to anyone ever again.
55 REPLIES 55

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, Devdutt.
May I ask if you are having a Wi-Fi related issue? I have PM you for confirming issue details.
Could you please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the requested information in the PM inbox?
Thank you.

Rikshi
Star II
Same problem occurred with my Rog phone 5s. After the last update, wifi stopped turning on, had to send it to Service center. Sent on 10th October, 22 and got repaired set back on 31st October, 22.
No money was asked as the set is in warranty, but as I checked this forum, almost all 5s users had similar complaints.
Service was prompt and good but if this was a known issue with a specific update, it could have been avoided.
A little disappointed with Premium phone makers like Asus.

HildaX
Star II
This is ridiculous. I will not be paying anything for the repair by asus. I would rather send it in to a non-ASUS authorized repair centre. Well I will see how the thing goes with Asus repair centre.

justkscr0936
Star II
Hi Devdutt,How can I contact you? Drop your number or something.My device is out of warranty as well.Lets file a complaint together