This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device(ROG Phone 5s) doesn't connect to cell tower and randomly shuts off.

Praveen20224
Star I

Model Name: ROG Phone 5s
Firmware version: 33.0210.0210.242
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

I had bought this phone in the month of March 2022. I started having issues connecting to the mobile network  from past this wee . At first I thought it was due to a faulty sim card as it showed that the sim is present in the mobile , later I realized that there was indeed something wrong in my phone. Along with it, my device sometimes randomly shuts down (most of the time) or restarts by itself. Both these problems have been occurring at the same time. I had already replaced the motherboard once under warranty because some water had gotten inside. Since then, I have taken extra care of my mobile. I maintain healthy charging practices and also set the charging limit 90% . No other issues.

PS: I have already given it to a authorized ASUS dealership and the said that they have already fixed the issue.
ASUS Service No=A2204000911-0021

7 REPLIES 7

There is nothing you can do about it, ASUS does not honor its customers who once believed in its brand name unless you pay $700 for a new motherboard, I already went and bought a new phone

Miguelito
Star I

Mine doesn't quite restart every half hour. Fingerprint detection also don't recognize that well anymore. Hardware is still good I believe, some kind of software support that's needed.

From what I've read, I'm guessing there's not that much to do in the case of solving this issue. Such a waste, phone is still good to use.

Falcon_ASUS

@Praveen20224 
Regarding the situation you have reported, it is recommended to contact the service center at your location to send your phone for repair.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location  

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#  

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.