This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer lawsuit against ASUS for update 31.0810.1226.128 which stopped the wifi from working

Devdutt
Star III
Anyone else have their wifi not work after an update from ASUS for their ROG 5S phone?
Why do we have to pay for repairs if it is ASUS's fault for pushing an update with known issue?
They will tell you all the bullshit troubleshooting steps like restart/ format, etc. and we have to go to service center who won't even understand the problem and charge for the phone repair + Take weeks to get back. Anyone else facing this issue please contact me, I am getting my lawyer to draft a complaint to consumer court in India and also let's see how we can force them to rectify this. Absolute bad testing team they have.

I had a Lamborghini Asus laptop, motherboard got fried twice, had to wait 1 month for replacement in 2008. I have Asus ROG dual screen laptop right now, its only 1.5 years old and the 'S' key stopped working due to heating issue. It only works when the laptop is hot. Like what shoddy work is that. I am never getting ASUS or recommending expensive ASUS products to anyone ever again.
55 REPLIES 55

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, SMIT_GAMER.
Please check and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox. Thank you.

vamsikrisna
Star III
Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, vamsikrisna.

We are still assisting you to interact with our repair center to ensure the quality of the maintenance.

However, the SIM card issue is not included in any testing issue that has been discovered, nor is it as per the condition you have previously reported.

Would you mind telling me if you also have this SIM card issue? It appears that your phone is currently in the repair center. Do you have other devices that have encountered this problem?

Thank you.

View post
Sim card issue will not be on the RMA because it cropped up in the service centre itself while checking it. So did not collect the phone and left it there for further torturing it.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, vamsikrisna .
The maintenance is still in progress and is being tested at present.
Please wait for its completion and feel free to PM me if you continue to have any other concerns.
Thank you.

reiddan
Star I

I also had a bad experience with an ASUS laptop in the past. I had a Lamborghini Asus laptop, motherboard got fried twice, had to wait 1 month for replacement in 2008. I have ASUS ROG dual screen laptop right now, its only 1.5 years old and the 'S' key stopped working due to heating issue. It only works when the laptop is hot. Like what shoddy work is that. I am never getting ASUS or recommending expensive ASUS products to anyone ever again. I suggest that you reach out to other people facing the same issue and consider hiring military lawyers to draft a complaint to consumer court in India.

ranit_
Star I

@Devdutt same issue just appeared for me 4 days ago.. All of a sudden, the OS crashed, and phone turned off. 
When I turn it back on, Wifi and hotspot stopped working. Tried OS downgrade, factory reset, and everything. No solution. Go ahead with your complaint. I'll back you.