This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtel 5G Update

GhostQi
Star II
When will the update ropp out? As far as I remember most of the updates are being rolled out in December. Might as well buy another 5G phone since ASUS is not releasing the update.
I'm able to get 5G at certain sports only because ASUS ROG Phone 5s needs a software update to support Airtel's 5G.
Moderators and ASUS Representatives, please look into this and get back to us as soon as possible. We are eager to test the 5G results of our own mobile.

10 REPLIES 10

Neel007
Rising Star I
GhostQi

When will the update ropp out? As far as I remember most of the updates are being rolled out in December. Might as well buy another 5G phone since ASUS is not releasing the update.

I'm able to get 5G at certain sports only because ASUS ROG Phone 5s needs a software update to support Airtel's 5G.

Moderators and ASUS Representatives, please look into this and get back to us as soon as possible. We are eager to test the 5G results of our own mobile.

Airtel 5G Update
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/67096/trick-for-5g-user-in-india#latest

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@ARP_ASUS
For Info, Airtel and Jio use the vEPC virtualization technique to deploy the 5G network in India (probably a bug or incompatibility with 5G NSA) and contrary to the August announcements, 5G only seems to be deployed in SA, hence the obligation to configure the 5G SA mode.
In the long term, telephone calls will not be made in VoLTE but in VoNR

soulreaper0666
Rising Star II
screenshot-20230104-225200965.jpg
Airtel 5G is working fine for me on my ROG 5 in Delhi region. Even though on airtel app it says phone needs a 5G support software update. It doesn't need one. Its working fine on my 2 other ROG 5 too.

Yes bro even in Mumbai, certain areas like Andheri, Malad etc. Show 5g network. I live in Mumbai and I have experienced it, especially around my college campus in vile Parle