This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aeroactive fan causing phone to restart

keronbwan
Star I

So I got my fan a few days ago and I love the use of the extra buttons. But if I lock the phone or the screen times out it causes the phone to freeze up for a minute or so then restart. But no issues if I take the fan off before locking the phone. Asus customer service just says to try a factory reset but I don't want to deal with getting everything back on it. Anyone have an idea of what I can look at?

6 REPLIES 6

mr_arindam_bagc
Star II

Have had same issue. Factory reset didn't work. I didn't use the cooler for months because of it. This one time I did last week, the phone went on a restart loop and fried my wifi too. Random parts break, and cause other random parts to break. Asus

eleanan
Star I

If your phone freezes and restarts when locking the screen with the fan attached, consider checking for software updates on both the phone and the fan app. Booting your phone in safe mode can help identify any third-party app conflicts, while adjusting developer options and battery optimization settings may resolve accessory compatibility issues without resorting to a factory reset.

Hello,

Please follow the steps customer service has recommended and go through with a factory reset. You can also enter safe mode to verify if there's any app or software that is causing this to happen. 

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/ 

kastets
Star I

It seems like there's an issue with your phone freezing and restarting when you lock the screen or when it times out with the fan attached. This could be due to compatibility issues or a software glitch. To troubleshoot, start by ensuring that your phone's operating system and associated apps are up to date. Experiment with different fan settings to see if the problem persists at different speeds or with certain features disabled. Additionally, reach out to the manufacturer of the fan to inquire about any known compatibility issues with your phone model and if they have any firmware updates or workarounds available. Searching online forums or communities might also provide insight into similar issues and potential solutions. While a factory reset is suggested as a last resort, it's important to back up your data beforehand. If the problem persists, consider seeking assistance from a professional technician or contacting Asus customer service for further support. With these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue without resorting to a factory reset if possible.