This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

92% Battery life with 2 hours left

shaycac6
Star I
I have had my phone one day now I had to charge it 4 times now. I have only play about 45 mins of games all up most of my time was YouTube,google or Spotify it drains so fast. my setting is every thing is on medium my 5G is turn off I don't know what to do is there a fix for battery drain.
screenshot-20221123-100713538.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I think this is probably caused by the fact that the ribbon cable connecting both batteries is ripped and u essentially run only on 1 battery instead of 2.

shaycac6
Star I
Mostly likely I don't I'm see if I can get a refund

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Danoisblunt
Unlikely, the load balancing and other values are transmitted through the cable, the battery firmware should prevent the phone from starting, or prohibit charging if there is only one battery signal.

@shaycac6
The 5 series has been discontinued for a long time, difficult to find it new, it is new, refurbished, used?
At this level of autonomy (2h), the current google play bug or the calibration of the battery cannot be the only cause, 2000mAh of consumption would cause the temperature of the phone to explode. Difficult to make a diagnosis with this single well linear graph, on a battery at the end of its life, the graph will suddenly drop from 70-50 to 0.
Test the battery with the calculator code +12345= but hey, it would be wiser to ask for a refund.

vamsikrisna
Star III
screenshot-20221121-235724806.jpg
@FunBike31
Hi, can you tell me if this is okay for a new battery. It was replaced 10 days ago along with the motherboard and I constantly get just 3-4 hrs of SOT.
Any suggestion would be helpful.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@vamsikrisna 
Do you mean by "Motherboard and new battery (10 days)" that it comes from a service center?
You are missing 20-25% of the capacity of a new battery, without a usb tester to measure the real capacity, you can try to install "3C battery Manager" it seems quite reliable and recognizes the 2 batteries well, I I installed 3 times and compared with my usb tester and it gives the same capacity at +-100 mA
If it gives you a value close to 5500 the battery is new and there will be an application involved, otherwise the battery has not been replaced