Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG3 (8/128-WW)
Firmware Version: WW_ 2108.158
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: round the clock
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): everything
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Having wifi issues since updating to .158 version of A11. Wifi is fully fine but, on device it feels like I'm lagging as hell! In BGMI(PUBGm of India) shots are taking a long time to register while ping shows 40-50ms constant. In Lichess(a chess app), the moves are getting registered after a while. On fb/WhatsApp, the messages are randomly going into halt before they get sent, and 2-3 seconds after that, 100 messages jump in!
This feels like a WIFI DRIVER related issue to me!
I remember that we had similar issue with A11 Beta 2/Beta 3 on ROG3. I'm facing NONE of the mentioned issues while being on Mobile LTE or using the router with another mobile phone by the way.

What is the solution to these? It makes ZERO sense to me for a flagship gaming phone to run PUBGm at UltraHD+90 FPS stable and then lagging due to wifi issues on the device!😐
11 REPLIES 11

gugul
Rising Star II
It's the same issue which was present in the first beta of android 11. I too am facing this issue and trust me factory reset is no option. I already have tried that. Whatever things you mentioned here, I too am facing all those. Shots getting registered after 1-2sec, randomly whatsapp comes to a halt.

The temporary solution is to go to wifi settings, forget the wifi and connect again. Sometimes it doesn't even let me connect. It will say connecting connecting then nothing 😂.
It started to happen after the recent update for sure. It's no hardware issue or whatsoever.

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
gugul

It's the same issue which was present in the first beta of android 11. I too am facing this issue and trust me factory reset is no option. I already have tried that. Whatever things you mentioned here, I too am facing all those. Shots getting registered after 1-2sec, randomly whatsapp comes to a halt.

The temporary solution is to go to wifi settings, forget the wifi and connect again. Sometimes it doesn't even let me connect. It will say connecting connecting then nothing 😂.

It started to happen after the recent update for sure. It's no hardware issue or whatsoever.

View post
I'm already planning to go for custom kernels. Asus stock kernel is so fkd up that it deliberately limits the potential of R0G3!