cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widevine L3 is showing in DRM

pawadhayash98
Star I
Hi,
In my Asus rog 3, i can not play the videos in HD in Netflix and Amazon as in the DRM info app it's showing widevine L3
Please help me.
screenshot-20201031-123719652.jpg
screenshot-20201031-123409748.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Can you confirm the software version?

Go to settings => About => Software information.

Also, please let me know since when are you facing this? Any particular thing you did before it started?

View post
pawadhayash98

Hi,

In my Asus rog 3, i can not play the videos in HD in Netflix and Amazon as in the DRM info app it's showing widevine L3

Please help me.

screenshot-20201031-123719652.jpg

screenshot-20201031-123409748.jpg

Widevine L3 is showing in DRM
I am facing the same issue

ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Can you confirm the software version?

Go to settings => About => Software information.

Also, please let me know since when are you facing this? Any particular thing you did before it started?

View post
I am on latest firmware update i am facing the issue

sanchit1409
Star I
screenshot-20201103-075609926.jpg
Hi,
I am also facing this issue after updating to latest firmware.
Any solution for this?

sanchit1409
Star I
After scrolling through some other forums i found that one of the moderators asked to file a complaint.
After doing that, next day i got a call from customer care asking me to visit to the service center.
After visiting i found that even service center is not aware of the problem, let alone of the solution and asked me to install the previous update (0.78 in my case) is which it was working
But by doing thus my phone will be formatted.
My question to Asus team is that if the widevine was downgraded throught OTA update, shouldn't it be fixed through the same as well. Its not as if only few are facing this issue. Many customers are facing this issue.
Why should we format our phone when it doesn't even guarantee the fix as i read in another thread.
Even after buying a phone of 50k we are subjected to this type of service.
It's been more than 3 weeks that i am facing this issue and even then there is no word regarding the solution.
Also even moderators have stopped replying in the threads.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi, @pawadhayash98 @subhankar007s @suneelvishal007
Please check your PM and share the details. Thanks.