This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Buttons stopped working

drishtantmahaja
Star II
Something seems wrong with the phone, a new problem arises every two months and when I search for the solution I get to know that many people are facing similar problems, my volume buttons on rog 3 are malfunctioning and sometimes doesn't work. It's not like I use them a lot I use a three finger screenshot to take ss and use earphones all the times and the buttons given on them and use double tap to wake up or sleep the screen. What should I do. Should I go to the service center will this be covered in warranty ?
2 REPLIES 2

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I don't know what you're talking about. The Rog3 thus far has very little problems, aside from heavy color banding due to bad calibration on the screen it's fine except for very few and minor bugs in software. If your buttons don't work then it's probably because the contact pads are dirty or some sort of software bug is happening. Since you say every two months or so new problems arise I'll assume you have software issues, so I'd suggest doing a factory reset or flash a raw firmware, if that doesnt help, get some isopropylalcohol and try and clean the buttons. If that doesnt work go to service center and get it fixed.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi drishtantmahajan4059,
For Volume buttons:
Test with SMMI if it is related to hardware
If no hardware issue is found, try a factory reset once
If both don't work visit the service center
How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)
Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "
you will be entered to SMMI_TEST