cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE Support - Vodafone Australia

Jakeo
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 512gb, Australian edition.
Firmware Version: Latest.
Rooted or not: Not.
Frequency of Occurrence: 24/7
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Where is VOLTE and WIFI CALLING support for the ROG PHONE 3? The 3G network is being shut off here in Australia in 2024 and my ROG phone 3 should not become useless just because ASUS can't spend 5mins to add the support for the feature to their ROG phone 3.

You added support to a bunch of developing countries but somehow ignore a major developed country like Australia?

Can you please add VOLTE and WIFI CALLING support to the ROG PHONE 3.
Even $50 supermarket phones here support VOLTE. The Asus ROG phone 3 is a joke right now.
3 REPLIES 3

Jumagar
Star I
Same thing also happen in Indonesia, ASUS ROG Phone 3 does not support VOLTE calling at all.

Android
Rising Star I
Jakeo

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3 512gb, Australian edition.
  2. Firmware Version: Latest.
  3. Rooted or not: Not.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 24/7
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Where is VOLTE and WIFI CALLING support for the ROG PHONE 3? The 3G network is being shut off here in Australia in 2024 and my ROG phone 3 should not become useless just because ASUS can't spend 5mins to add the support for the feature to their ROG phone 3.

You added support to a bunch of developing countries but somehow ignore a major developed country like Australia?

Can you please add VOLTE and WIFI CALLING support to the ROG PHONE 3.

Even $50 supermarket phones here support VOLTE. The Asus ROG phone 3 is a joke right now.

VOLTE Support - Vodafone Australia
Jumagar

Same thing also happen in Indonesia, ASUS ROG Phone 3 does not support VOLTE calling at all.

View post
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how ASUS has all these cool gaming features in their phones but couldn't be bothered to add essential phone features such as VoLTE. To my knowledge, more and more carriers are making it so that phones without VoLTE support will not be compatible with their network.
At that point, what is even the point of a gaming phone if it won't be able to connect to carriers? It just becomes an overpriced portable gaming device that requires Wi-Fi access to play online games. For the price range, it's better to get a cheaper but more reliable phone and get a Steam Deck or Nintendo Switch for those who want to play quality games on the go.
For those concerned about VoLTE and future network compatibility then consider upvoting and commenting in this thread:
Android

ASUS needs to make it so that the ROG Phone series is fully compatible with the carriers and networks in regions that they are selling it. The forums have mostly been flooded with demands of VoLTE and in some cases requests for 5G to be enabled in their region. It's the same requests and issues being reported time and time again.

The ROG Phone is first and foremost a phone and it isn't a wise idea to purchase a phone that plays games well but have calls that drop or have trouble receiving messages because it is missing some kind of approval from the carriers or because carriers don't like how the phone doesn't have the bands to support such features. I would've really liked to purchase the ROG Phone 5 but I'm very hesitant because I've read from people here that they have trouble connecting to 5G and VoLTE on T-Mobile.

PLEASE WORK WITH CARRIERS! If it's a money issue then allocate resources from other things into making sure that the ROG Phone meets basic standards expected of phones in 2021.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

On a side note so I don't have to make another thread about it (especially since I don't think it should even be prioritized), I just want to say that I like how the ROG Phone 5 has theme packs. I think it would be cool to have a Gundam theme pack since ASUS has done a Gundam collaboration recently and released Gundam branded ROG PC components. NieR theme pack would be a cool one too but it's a little niche. But if licensed theme packs can't be done then a cool original mecha theme pack would also be awesome.

Full Carrier Support and Network Compatibility (5G, VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc.) should be #1 Priority

Same here in malaysia, as of now.. i know rog 3 support maxis malaysia volte. Others telco not yet... and the phone is almost a year now still no update.

U play an online games and at same time someone call u, the game get disconnected.. same thing goes to hotspot... What a waste, this device is not cheap.