This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still having connectivity issues, now missing text messages (SMS)

chengyang448
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS661KS-16G512G
Firmware Version: 31.0210.0210.243
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am in the US on AT&T. Ever since AT&T shutdown their 3G networks, I have had constant issues with VoLTE. The issues went away for a while, but now they've popped back up and it's driving me insane. My VoLTE will randomly drop. Icon goes away. If I don't notice it, all of my calls will go straight to voicemail and I also am unable to dial out. This is extremely problematic for me because occasionally I will be "on call" and be required to receive phone calls to go to work. The VoLTE will re-enable if I restart the phone. It's annoying to have to constantly restart the phone, but at least I know it can be fixed. I suspect the issue is related to my workplace, which has spotty coverage. If I lose signal, it seems that even though I re-enter signal range, VoLTE is just disabled (4G icon and mobile internet still work if I regain signal).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
See above for original post. Now I am completely just missing SMS text messages. If someone tries to text me when I am out of signal range (which I am often for work), then that text message basically just doesn't exist. I have people saying "why didn't you respond" and others who thought I was ghosting them. When I've had other phones, if this kind of thing happened, my phone would eventually receive all the text messages after I get signal again, but not this one. This is unacceptable, and given the lack of support I received for my original post, I can see that this phone was a big mistake. I'm going to be ditching this "phone" since it's unusable as a phone. Never buying an ASUS phone again. It's been nonstop hair pulling for months over connectivity problems.
1 REPLY 1

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.