This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen broke on first drop

kangkan
Star III

Model Name: ROG 3, 8gb RAM, 128 gb , india (flipkart)
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: On
========================================
So after a month of black-crush, battery drain, software glitches and so many other problems the inevitable happened . i happen to drop my phone . and the screen cracked ..dead display on its very first drop 😞 . I should have been more careful. Maybe stopped using the default good-for-nothing case that asus provided with the box and invested on a new shock proof case. i don't think its covered under warranty or is it? i am in distress. If possible can i claim under warranty as i don't think the screen is the standard of gorilla 6 or whatever mentioned.. to be broken in a single fall. i may have dropped my older phones like a hundred times but still display keeps on working fine.
I don't mind paying a logical amount too to fix it but the amount that the asus service center quoted near my place to replace the screen was way beyond what i had expected.am i being duped ? is there any official cost in INR someone can help me here with. Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
hank_email_is

Is the fall on the edge? Usually that is the weakest point. If you fall flat, like impact in the middle, that is actually the strongest point.

View post
Broke from bottom right

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Mine fall flat still made a crack on the screen then half of the pixel on the screen starts flickering so it doesn't matter how it fall it just weak on durability

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
Damn. Now I'm scared to use mine 😂 I already always lay my phone on a table cloth to avoid unnecessary scratches. Now I have to be extra diligent to make sure I never drop it.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
sorasynngaming

Damn. Now I'm scared to use mine 😂 I already always lay my phone on a table cloth to avoid unnecessary scratches. Now I have to be extra diligent to make sure I never drop it.

View post
You should be scared
I broked mine and now i am scared for the money they are gonna ask to repair mine

xihe
Rising Star II
Mine dropped on the floor with the lighting armor case. No screen crack but a dent on the top right frame of the phone where the lighting armor case got pushed back upon impact on the ground. Height around 1 meter.