This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen broke on first drop

kangkan
Star III

Model Name: ROG 3, 8gb RAM, 128 gb , india (flipkart)
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: On
========================================
So after a month of black-crush, battery drain, software glitches and so many other problems the inevitable happened . i happen to drop my phone . and the screen cracked ..dead display on its very first drop 😞 . I should have been more careful. Maybe stopped using the default good-for-nothing case that asus provided with the box and invested on a new shock proof case. i don't think its covered under warranty or is it? i am in distress. If possible can i claim under warranty as i don't think the screen is the standard of gorilla 6 or whatever mentioned.. to be broken in a single fall. i may have dropped my older phones like a hundred times but still display keeps on working fine.
I don't mind paying a logical amount too to fix it but the amount that the asus service center quoted near my place to replace the screen was way beyond what i had expected.am i being duped ? is there any official cost in INR someone can help me here with. Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

John_p
Rising Star I
eqlm2

it is impossible that it has GG6, mine got scratches easily after just 15 days and i used it very carefully, i dont remember any of my phones got scratches as easy as RP3 since Samsung S4

View post
Check Jerry rig everything video on RP3 durability.

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
I read rog 2 screen cracked easily, so I put case and protector for my rog 3 right away, thick case with good cushion

kangkan
Star III
hank_email_is

I read rog 2 screen cracked easily, so I put case and protector for my rog 3 right away, thick case with good cushion

View post
Wish i had done the same 😞 . I was quite confident i would never drop it or maybe just thought i will get more carefull and learn from my mistake to get a good case if i ever drop it. Never thought the very first drop would be its sad demise. I am a fool 😣

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Displays come with protection doesn't mean they are unbreakable.
Comparing to your experience I had a similar one not with ROG Phone 3 but different phones previously. Its how the device falls makes the impact. Maybe 100 falls won't have impact but that 1 fall will.
I would suggest you to visit service center for better information
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Is the fall on the edge? Usually that is the weakest point. If you fall flat, like impact in the middle, that is actually the strongest point.