cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 3 screen looks very grainy

skailash2001
Rising Star I

Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.47
The display of my Rog Phone 3 looks really grainy and this increasea with refresh rate.
The screen looks like it has a matte screen protector installed on it and it looks really pronounced at full brightness.
It is even visible on the Apex Galactic Armor wallpaper.
Is it normal? Or is my display faulty?
Please answer me ASUS Mods
@ARP_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
Thank You

14 REPLIES 14

skailash2001
Rising Star I
If this the phone you want@4zmail wait for a month or even 2 months if you can and see if the issues are fixed. Then you can buy. If any other phone interests you more then I insist you do the same for that phone too and wait and buy.

4zmail
Star III
Thanks for the reply. Easy for you to say. I'm an impatient idiot.
Truth is, options are slim for good value for flagship money - and I'm trying to avoid the whole notch selfie cam issue.
And I'd like something with some longevity, in terms of lifespan. Also, good heat management. I'm using a Blu Vivo XI+ right now - to get me through to my next (serious) phone. Not really feeling the samsungs, like but don't love Oppo find x2 pro. Black Shark doesn't really do it for me either. Did I just persuade myself further to buy this thing? Maybe. So maybe the big question is: What's the warranty like? If there is an issue that is not fixable via an update, can I exchange my phone?
Also, does anyone know when Ver A will be available in the US?

anks3112g
Star III
Screen is grainy for me as well, below is the screenshot of home screen and not clicked image, you can check how grainy it is !
screenshot-20200904-090929675.jpg

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
anks3112g

Screen is grainy for me as well, below is the screenshot of home screen and not clicked image, you can check how grainy it is !

screenshot-20200904-090929675.jpg

View post
Screenshot won't show it

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
yea makes me feel like taking my ROG phone 2 out of the box and using it again not sure why the screen is not as good as the ROG phone 2 ?