This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
hank_email_is

Nice feature, can we have this on all the time instead of just in game app? Like sometimes I just want to use the phone and only use bypass power and not battery all the time.

Perhaps instead of game genie, perhaps be a button in the top drop down menu?

View post
For system wide, there is this "Charging limiter" in the PowerMaster / Mobile Manager setting.
Please refer to that instead.

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
I did set to 80%, but I notice battery keep dropping to 79, then back to 80, then repeat, and the phone got hot, so I thought like it stopped charging at 80, then at 79 start charging, etc.

Or am I wrong?

xihe
Rising Star II
hank_email_is

I did set to 80%, but I notice battery keep dropping to 79, then back to 80, then repeat, and the phone got hot, so I thought like it stopped charging at 80, then at 79 start charging, etc.

Or am I wrong?

View post
Yup that is what I am experiencing too.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
hank_email_is

Or am I wrong?

View post
Yeah, its not slow charge. It is to prevent the system from charging above 80%

Hot or not is very difficult for us to comment on as it depends on your scenario. Just charging from 9->80 shouldnt introduce any significant heat.
If you are playing games or benchmarks, or downloading through 4G/5G connection - etc.

If you are experiencing problems and would like debugging, please create a separate thread - it is easier for our moderators to follow a specific thread with a specific issue.

joshua_mad18a
Star I
Some one i need help bout my signal in rog3 while playing or not the signal is gone 😞 need someone admin or dev pls