This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

MV
Rising Star II
ibrahim ali

screenshot-20200921-143557607.jpg

I have a weak internet, how can I update a device 😂😂

View post
1 option you can sell the phone and buy better internet connection. 😀😀😀

ibrahim_ali
Star II
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115514#Comment_115514

1 option you can sell the phone and buy better internet connection. 😀😀😀

View post
Ha ha ha ha

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Nice feature, can we have this on all the time instead of just in game app? Like sometimes I just want to use the phone and only use bypass power and not battery all the time.

Perhaps instead of game genie, perhaps be a button in the top drop down menu?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
hank_email_is

Nice feature, can we have this on all the time instead of just in game app? Like sometimes I just want to use the phone and only use bypass power and not battery all the time.

Perhaps instead of game genie, perhaps be a button in the top drop down menu?

View post
Or you can add whatever app you want to use in game genie toolbar and use it as an workaround 😁

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
I know, but when I go to home it starts charging, or like during switching apps.
Also I don't want to go to power mode in regular app waste power.

Also now slow charging is fixed? Does not seem as hot with 10w now