harshooo143
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Asus ROG 3 phone is not getting charged from its own original charger and data cable. Whereas if i use other charger or data cable of any company it is getting charged.
It clearly means that issue is not with the hardware of the Phone's port, It is clearly a software issue.
Please provide fix asap or any work around on the fly with original charger.

8 REPLIES 8

ADH
Rising Star II
harshooo143

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not:Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Asus ROG 3 phone is not getting charged from its own original charger and data cable. Whereas if i use other charger or data cable of any company it is getting charged.

It clearly means that issue is not with the hardware of the Phone's port, It is clearly a software issue.

Please provide fix asap or any work around on the fly with original charger.

ROG phone 3 is not getting charged from its own original charger and data cable
Hi there , thanks for explaining you issue clearly .
It's clear that no problem with Phone's hardware .
Also if it's software issue it should be global issue for everyone , hence i would recommend you to back-up your data to external storages and factory reset your device once . If your problem still persist with original cable and adapter , then you should visit service center nearby and get your charging accessories replaced .
Thank you 😊

ADH
Rising Star II
Also i would request mods to take a look seems like few users facing same issue , same complaint all together .
@Gustav_ASUS please update me bro , if it's global issue or coincidence ?
Thank you once again

harshooo143
Star II
I have already done factory reset. It is not working now. It can be a software issue. May be in many user phone phone has reached a level where some heap is full or some logs due to which it has made charging stopped form original charger.
My ASUS original charger is able to charge some other Samsung phone. But it is not charging my own ASUS phone.
And vice vera, SAMSUNG charger is able to charge my ROG phone 3. So it clearly means there is no issue with hardware, There is issue with compatibility which points more towards software side.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@harshooo143 I will send you a potential fix via PM. Check your inbox. 🙂
For others that might be wondering: This issue was patched a while back thanks to a log from Zentalk, and so shouldn't affect users on a large scale.