This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 faulty screen

dtrapero
Star III
Model Name: ASUS ROG 3 Z661KS (Tencent) (256GB+12GB) (Global ROM flashed)
Firmware Version: Android 10 just downgraded (not important)
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
Hello, so I have had this ROG 3 for a year now, but until recently (2 weeks or so) the screen has been turning off randomly during the time I had been using it, especially when I play heavy games like Genshin Impact. The screen just turns off and everything is hearable in the background: music, can still control it but no display. Sometimes it just freezes and turns off for a second, but other times it can last for hours or even days, to the point where I can not use it without it turning off.
Sometimes I just have to wait a minute and it goes back on, but other times I have to force restart it, and sometimes it even goes into a bootloop.
I made some tests: I downloaded an app in the phone and in the pc where I can mirror my phone's screen to the PC and control the phone from there, everything works perfectly, even when the phone's screen turns off during the tests, I can still control it and check everything, it vibrates etc.
And based on other posts I have seen, some people also having problems with genshin impact and other heavy games, where the screen turns off but everything works, because of a tencent lot with faulty screens, so with all this information, can I be sure it's 100% the screen the problem?
Thanks in advance!
12 REPLIES 12

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Its unlikely the screen. Its either a software problem where drivers crash or some sort of overheat issue.

dtrapero
Star III
Danishblunt

Its unlikely the screen. Its either a software problem where drivers crash or some sort of overheat issue.

View post
the issue doesn't happen when I put the phone in the freezer

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
dtrapero

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191615#Comment_191615

View post
Well dont put phone in freezer and incase you do put it in there , make sure to pull it out in very few minutes before temperature drops too much and let it sit for a while before turning it on

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
dtrapero

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191615#Comment_191615

View post
Use the cpu throttletest, make sure to enable temerature and send result after 5min