ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

ratnesh1maurya
Star II
Please retun
samrat16
  1. Model Name: ROG 3 12/256 GB
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2007.47
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): netflix, amazon prime india , youtube and the lockscreen 😶

This is my first ASUS Phone.

I bought the phone on 21st Aug(first sale for this version of the phone in India). Delivered on 25th.

2 days of average use. It has been very good in all aspects except for the BLACK CRUSH issue which seems to be more evident after gaming (PUBG for about 3 hrs). The brightness level is constant at 45, but the issue does not seem to change even at full brightness. everything else on the phone is ok.

I am considering a replacement of the device. will this be helpful in anyway or should i just get a refund?

Really want to hold on to the phone since everyone is addressing it as a software issue that can be fixed. When is the fix going to be out?

After the hype created, paid so much money considering we will get a phone with the best stuff on it.

whatsapp-image-2020-08-27-at-6-59-04-pm-281-29.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2020-08-27-at-6-59-04-pm.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2020-08-27-at-5-32-58-pm.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2020-08-27-at-5-39-33-pm.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2020-08-27-at-5-12-28-pm.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2020-08-27-at-5-12-22-pm.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2020-08-27-at-5-38-47-pm.jpeg

View post
ALL PHONE That is imported in India that have cheap quality of display given by Asus in Rog 3 accept you Tuber or their channel partner for advertising purpose very nad experience I had returned the device and take the money.

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Nadzi

What is this bullshit that it is completely normal with a high refresh rate display ??? I have a RedMagic 5G 144hz that's fine. Oneplus 8Pro 256 GB absolutely fine. Samsung galaxy S20 120HZ Completely fine. The first phone I bought had this problem. I returned it, I bought the second one and the problem is even bigger.

I don't think this is a software problem but a hardware problem. The moderator of this forum writes that the problem is happening on Netflix Youtube, but the problem is completely in the pipeline. Call of duty, Asphalt 9, the system of the bet is visible. I definitely don't think he solves this in software. No official statement and if so only marginally to be patient ... and what if you don't solve it ASUS ?? Return all money or will you proudly write that it is NORMAL ??

View post
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS can you please take this seriously....
Atleast have the decency to make a post for this issue , acknowledge it and give a assurance that we will fix it in next few fota updates..
A device costing this much and the negligence you guys are showing are actually heart breaking...
When people come from Brands like - One plus , Samsung to Asus its kinda the love they have for Asus that bring them here..
As a aftersale service we atleast deserve this much atleast...
AN OFFICIAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE ISSUE AND ASSURANCE FROM ASUS TO FIX IT IN NEXT FEW FOTA UPDATES..
Do reply !! Don't keep this unseened

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
vishal111993jain

screenshot-20200825-174149188.jpg

screenshot-20200825-174132971.jpg

screenshot-20200825-174103839.jpg

Heavy black crush issue.... Please suggest if I should visit service center or will this be fixed OTA update. Disappointed with display.. See screen shot attached.

View post
Black crush can't be displayed via screenshot , so try to click the same from another device

salmannaser
Star III
RAIDEN™

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106063#Comment_106063

Atleast have the decency to make a post for this issue , acknowledge it and give a assurance that we will fix it in next few fota updates..

A device costing this much and the negligence you guys are showing are actually heart breaking...

When people come from Brands like - One plus , Samsung to Asus its kinda the love they have for Asus that bring them here..

AN OFFICIAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE ISSUE AND ASSURANCE FROM ASUS TO FIX IT IN NEXT FEW FOTA UPDATES..

View post
Hi Anders,
We are tensed about this matter because, once the return period is over, we will be stuck with the device. And if its a hardware issue we are doomed. I visited a nearby ASUS AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTRE and they are also doubtful whether this is a software issue or not. They are recommending to return the device. Thats why Im tensed. The device is not cheap, right.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
RAIDEN™

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106063#Comment_106063

View post
Anders did say black crush will be decreased in the upcoming fotas
screenshot-20200827-160514219-1.jpg
screenshot-20200827-160523153-1.jpg

His comment was further above in this thread
So basically Asus has acknowledged the issue and is working on a "fix"
What change they'll bring remains to be seen tho
According to a moderators comment this update should drop in September