ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

NightSky
Star II
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146053#Comment_146053

Listen if you want to just do gaming on the best performance out there,buy this phone or wait for the next one in a couple of months which will be fresh out the oven

Even if it has the black crush problem,it doesn't make any popular game unplayable,only when watching something dark

Also no phone is safe from black crush at the moment,but again this phone should be bought ONLY for hardcore gaming or content creation and data hoarders

View post
I was wondering if rog 4 gonna have the same problem like rog 3 or worse.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
NightSky

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146089#Comment_146089

I think about buying xiaomi mi 10T Pro 5g. Because it use Ips lcd screen . 8gb ram. 144hz and 5k battery.

View post
A horrible choice for gaming,legit the Rog 3 has everything better than that phone except maybe the screen resolution,and even if the Rog 4 has a black crush problem,it won't be an issue if you are a gamer
If you think that a gaming phone is suitable for Netflix or video consumption you are greatly mistaken
If you want to watch movies on a phone get a note 20 or S21 ultra smh
And yes all of the accessories work flawlessly but for the cooler it's not that big of a deal since it will cool down the phone for 2 to maybe 4 degrees

Aryan202
Community Legend I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146153#Comment_146153

A horrible choice for gaming,legit the Rog 3 has everything better than that phone except maybe the screen resolution,and even if the Rog 4 has a black crush problem,it won't be an issue if you are a gamer

If you think that a gaming phone is suitable for Netflix or video consumption you are greatly mistaken

If you want to watch movies on a phone get a note 20 or S21 ultra smh

And yes all of the accessories work flawlessly but for the cooler it's not that big of a deal since it will cool down the phone for 2 to maybe 4 degrees

View post
"If you think that a gaming phone is suitable for Netflix or video consumption you are greatly mistaken
If you want to watch movies on a phone get a note 20 or S21 ultra smh"
Sry but this doesn't make sense calling, multimedia stuff (display, speakers) are the basic stuff in a smartphone whether it be a gaming phone or everyday flagship
Objectively speaking samsung does have a better calibration but the Rog 3 still remains an excellent multimedia device

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/146239#Comment_146239

"If you think that a gaming phone is suitable for Netflix or video consumption you are greatly mistaken

If you want to watch movies on a phone get a note 20 or S21 ultra smh"

Sry but this doesn't make sense calling, multimedia stuff (display, speakers) are the basic stuff in a smartphone whether it be a gaming phone or everyday flagship

Objectively speaking samsung does have a better calibration but the Rog 3 still remains an excellent multimedia device

View post
The speakers are the best in the market currently, MultiMedia is also best enjoyed on the 160hz refresh rate
But I'm talking about the guys that complain about black crush or something like "1080p for a flagship phone!",and yes if you watch movies on this phone it will look vibrant and colourful but still people complain
So I'm directing my comment to them

halwestagar
Star II
Rog phone 3 very bad for pubg 90fps issue