ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
sub

apart from HEAVY BLACK CRUSH from few days my ROG 3 is giving very bad performance in terms of gaming as well as battery .earlier my phone lasted at least 36hr(incl sleep) on a 90% charge now it barely goes to 24hr and i charge using slow charge and limiter at 90%.

The gaming performance has also decreased in genshin impact on max setting 60fps i used to get around 50-60 fps but now it's dropping as low as 22 sometimes.

Anyone else facing the issues? I really wish i wud had gone for Samsung or even apple rather than this 😞

View post
How odd,I have a stable 60 FPS on boss fights with maxed out settings,but even when I have frame drops,it won't fall lower than 50 or 40,and even then whenever I look down or end the fight,the 60 FPS is back and stable
Complain to genshin impact not in this forum, about the gaming performance,it's the best there is
Have you seen Samsung or better yet Apple how they handle this game? It's a joke for their flagships,they throttle like mid range phones,while with this phone,you can feel the performance on every attack and keep it the same FPS and performance on any temperature
It's worth mentioning that I have overclocked it with everything on max,so the processor is giving everything it's got,it can't get better than this,only the Genshin impact Devs can optimise their game

Aryan202
Community Legend I
sub

apart from HEAVY BLACK CRUSH from few days my ROG 3 is giving very bad performance in terms of gaming as well as battery .earlier my phone lasted at least 36hr(incl sleep) on a 90% charge now it barely goes to 24hr and i charge using slow charge and limiter at 90%.

The gaming performance has also decreased in genshin impact on max setting 60fps i used to get around 50-60 fps but now it's dropping as low as 22 sometimes.

Anyone else facing the issues? I really wish i wud had gone for Samsung or even apple rather than this 😞

View post
Genshin has some optimisation issues after the latest update from what I know (the last big patch)

hyo
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS so the next update will it fix entirely black crush issue or only a small enhancement?

abdullinainur91
Star II
If they do not completely fix the problem with the black cruch in this update, I will decide to return the device under guarantees up to a refund. because I think that the screen is the most important element of the device should work properly. And this greenishness / black cruch is also available at 60Hz, we just don't see it, but it increases gradually with increasing screen frequency. At one time, I bought myself a device from Samsung companies with a pink display, and the company released an update that solves the problem with this defect, as a result, the update did not completely fix this problem. In the course of the settings, the display went from green to pink. It seems that this black cruch, my dear friends, will not be completely fixed, but only replacing the matrix or replacing the device completely or a refund will help.

hyo
Star II
@abdullinainur91 same here with me...i also thinking to replace with samsung or xiaomi..if the black crush did not completely fix in these updates
because i think with the time goes by the display will become worse and at some point the unit will become worthless...so the next update is important for us