ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Sunaina
Rising Star I
Dr. SushP

So all the issues are surrounding netflix. Frankly I too had the issue but now even in low to max brightness I dont notice any such crush in YouTube or mx player anymore. Everyone instead of just saying i am having the issue please mention the conditions under which you are facing it. Would also help the team to understand.

View post
Yeah black crush improved for many after .99 on the telegram group of rog too

Manoj_Bobby
Star III
Even after.99 update black crush do exist everywhere, but peaks when the brightness is around 35-50. Its time for us to accept the fact that it can't be fixed and should live with it. When I bought ROG zephyrus s17, the performance made me think that asus can compete with apple, but now realised that I made a fool of myself

Sincerity
Star III
Manoj Bobby

Even after.99 update black crush do exist everywhere, but peaks when the brightness is around 35-50. Its time for us to accept the fact that it can't be fixed and should live with it. When I bought ROG zephyrus s17, the performance made me think that asus can compete with apple, but now realised that I made a fool of myself

View post
Why do you say that? I mean the Update didn't state a Black Crush fix anywhere.

Sincerity
Star III
Sunaina

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130431#Comment_130431

Yeah black crush improved for many after .99 on the telegram group of rog too

View post
For you as well? Because for me it all stayed the same.

Manoj_Bobby
Star III
s.tchouaffe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130552#Comment_130552

Why do you say that? I mean the Update didn't state a Black Crush fix anywhere.

View post
The main issue with the device is black crush,what is the point in releasing 100 updates which doesn't solve the key issue and it's more than 3 months, the issue still persists. And I don't expect anything from this incompetent asus team. This may sound offensive but still a fact in my opinion.