amirizzuddin
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I have a problem with the original charger which is it charge for 1 or 2 minutes then it stop, then it charge again, then it stop again till the end. Is there any fix for this? Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Hanz
Star I
I get the different problem, which is unable to charge using the original cable, and strangely when using the original charger the hypercharger is detected but the battery is still stuck at 33% and does not go up. but when I use another type-c cable the battery can go up to the full using fast charging, what doesn't work is the hypercharges, and this is a software issue that has occurred in firmware 2007 and has been fixed in firmware 2008.98. I hope Asus can make the firmware for this problem as soon as possible.

amirizzuddin
Star II
ADH

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/153692#Comment_153692

From the fact other charger working fine seems like adapter or cable is real problem here .

You can try changing cable first and see if problem still persist and do the same with changing only adapter .

Also i would suggest you to visit service center near you if anything is damaged or faulty they will hopefully recovery it in warranty .

View post
Finally its working!! After changing 4 different cables finally cable from Anker works for me. I dont know why the original cable not working. Thanks for the suggestion.
Gustav_ASUS

@amirizzuddin Did you recently buy your ROG Phone 3? 🙂

View post
I've been using it since September but only recently I feels like to use the original charger because I just knew that I can get the hypercharge only with original charger 😅

ADH
Rising Star II
amirizzuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/153716#Comment_153716

Finally its working!! After changing 4 different cables finally cable from Anker works for me. I dont know why the original cable not working. Thanks for the suggestion.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/153719#Comment_153719

I've been using it since September but only recently I feels like to use the original charger because I just knew that I can get the hypercharge only with original charger 😅

View post
Good to hear it worked for you , also you can buy original cable from service center to get best charging 😊

harshooo143
Star II
It is not working at all and quoting it as a hardware issue is not a good gesture from such a huge company. It really needs a fix. How come everyone is seeing same issue and then you are quoting change your original charger and buy a new one ?
Are all the original chargers have gone bad suddenly. No. It is clearly a software issue.
ASUS rog phone 3 doesn't charge from its own original charger but if i use some other brand data cable and charger it works for 2 3 mins and again it stops. But if i connect it to a laptop via usb with some other brand data cable it charges continuously but the time it takes is approx 8 hrs which is not at all practical for a smartphone.
Get it fixed asap or else see the sale of new models going down

vaswanitarun
Star I
harshooo143

It is not working at all and quoting it as a hardware issue is not a good gesture from such a huge company. It really needs a fix. How come everyone is seeing same issue and then you are quoting change your original charger and buy a new one ?

Are all the original chargers have gone bad suddenly. No. It is clearly a software issue.

ASUS rog phone 3 doesn't charge from its own original charger but if i use some other brand data cable and charger it works for 2 3 mins and again it stops. But if i connect it to a laptop via usb with some other brand data cable it charges continuously but the time it takes is approx 8 hrs which is not at all practical for a smartphone.

Get it fixed asap or else see the sale of new models going down

View post
Hi I am also facing same issue please help. Did your issue got resolved?