Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 black screen after incoming or outgoing calls

Model Name: ROG 3

Firmware Version: 31.0210.0210.303

Rooted or not: not

Frequency of Occurrence: everytime

I've not seen anyone post solutions to these problems so I am left to think these are bugs. I haven't experienced many and overall the phone is great! I'd call these annoyances but depending on how you use your phone is could be a deal breaker if they aren't fixed (assuming they are bugs and its not just some setting I missed). As of posting this my phone has the most recent version of software available 31.0210.0210.303

Bug 1: When playing YouTube I'll pause the video and it will resume after a few seconds. This only happens every so often. Maybe after every 20 or so pauses,

"If I watch a YouTube video, pause it, lock the phone and put it in my pocket, the video can resume playing somehow. I have tried pocket mode turned on. It still does it. I think the 'Pick up to wake' gesture that I like to have turned on is misinterpreting pocket-jiggle for a pick-up gesture and waking the screen up, and the lock-screen play button is then activated. Edit: Since writing the last bit I have caught it un-pausing when on a stand in my kitchen. So not pocket-related. I pause the video, walk away from the phone, and a few seconds later it un-pauses. Very weird."

Bug 2: Adaptive Brightness seems to break after I take a call. I usually keep the setting on and for the most part its fine but after I take a call my screen goes completely black and unable to see anything but somehow the lock button does not work when this happens and the screen is completely detecting the touch on the screen and the application are also running as it is, but the screen completely goes black and this happens everytime I make or recieve a call and this has been happening only after the recent update. I have never dropped my phone or there is no damage at all in the phone, it started happening just the next day after the recent update and I've been facing quite a lot of problems due to this bug. Please fix it soon.

3 REPLIES 3

Mostwanted
Rising Star II

Looks like there is an issue with your proximity sensor. If you are using tempered glass or might be a display change caused this issue 

@Mostwanted wrote:

Looks like there is an issue with your proximity sensor. If you are using tempered glass or might be a display change caused this issue 

I had no problems before but just after the update it started all the problems mentioned above.

I would suggest you to do a factory data reset after every updates. Sometimes updates conflict with system files and hardware.