BlackAs
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog3
Firmware Version:.98
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi @Gustav_ASUS I noticed in that fota update .98 you added support for VoLTE for an Indian carrier, what’s the reason you can’t do this for the Australian ones ?

cheers
Adam
53 REPLIES 53

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@BlackAs
Long story short, VoLTE has to be negotiated and approved for each carrier and model. In some cases, this can be a time-consuming process and will differ between countries and carriers. It's also a question of market size, which is why you will see some budget brands with VoLTE support. (Since they sell a bunch of cheap phones.)

BlackAs
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS thanks for taking the time to reply. I would be lying to say I’m not disappointed, I guess what I really want to know and the rest of the Australian customers is are they even going to attempt to get the phone approved for VoLTE or not? I understand that the unit sales here are not of the volume of say India or the US, however when market size is brought up how is it ever going to increase here, when it doesn’t have what is now and has been for a couple of years a basic feature of flagship phones or phones in general released by the other manufactures that sell phones in Australia.
Any way I won’t post again about this topic and thanks again for the responses.

cheers
Adam

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@BlackAs No worries, I completely understand if you feel frustrated. I'll check internally, but there's only so much I can do from here.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Thanks @Gustav_ASUS I appreciate your efforts and do understand your the middle man here, it’s most definitely not a personal attack but I guess if it’s not talked about then nothing will ever happen. I’m also communicating with the carrier directly to see what can be done to assist the process of making this happen for us in Australia.

cheers
Adam