Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Not Working

dqle
Star I
  • ROG Phone III
  • Not Rooted
  • Ever since latest update

Hi there! Ever since the update dropped, NFC works very rarely for my ROG Phone III. I occasionally get NFC working after a restart, but it stops working after a few minutes, and most resets do not re-enable NFC. When trying to re-enable NFC though settings, it attempts to turn it back on, but it never finishes, staying grayed out. Safe mode seems to not fix anything.

Is there a known fix, or can I somehow rollback the firmware to Android 11, since that seems to work better than Android 12 for this phone. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

keren_ASUS

Hello @dqle 

Can you try following these troubleshooting steps on this FAQ: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1015557/

Finally, if none of the solutions work, feel free to proceed with a factory reset on your device. 

As for rolling back to a previous version, we regret to inform you that we do not offer downgrade packages or downgrade services to ensure that your mobile device maintains the latest security updates.

Sussx
Star III

No as it not a software problem it a hardware problem You need a new motherboard I had the same problem in my ROG PHONE 2 they fixed it by replacing the motherboard