cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My spare old phone not charging properly in hypercharge

sub7even
Star I

Hi all,

I have issues with my 2-year-old phones that I kept as spare and wanted to use back for my travels. However, using the original charger shows hypercharge but is not charging. I've installed Ampere to check on the software level, and it shows a small amount of amps charging as low as 70-80 mA. Is there any fix for this? 

1. Reset, wipe/dalvik cache : not helping

2. Charing to both type-C port giving the same result

3 REPLIES 3

sub7even
Star I

See screenshot Ampere result

Alizaa2
Star II

It seems like you've tried some troubleshooting steps already. Here are a few more things you can try to address the charging issue with your 2-year-old phone:

1. **Different Charger and Cable:** Try using a different charger and cable to ensure that the issue is not with the charging accessories. Sometimes, using a different charger can resolve charging problems.

2. **Clean Charging Port:** Dust or debris in the charging port can hinder charging. Carefully clean the charging port with a soft brush or compressed air to ensure there's nothing obstructing the connection.

3. **Battery Health:** Over time, batteries degrade. It's possible that the battery in your spare phone has degraded significantly. You might want to consider getting the battery replaced if it's removable or having the phone serviced if it's not.

4. **Check for Software Updates:** Ensure that your phone's software is up to date. Sometimes, a software update can address charging-related issues.

5. **Safe Mode:** Boot your phone into safe mode to see if a third-party app is causing the problem. If the phone charges normally in safe mode, you may need to uninstall or disable recently installed apps that could be causing conflicts.

6. **Factory Reset:** As a last resort, you could try a factory reset. This will erase all data including sad cursed images on your phone, so make sure to back up important information first. After the reset, check if the charging issue persists.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, it's possible that there's a hardware issue with the phone's charging circuitry, and you may need to seek professional repair or contact the manufacturer's support for further assistance.

keren_ASUS

Hello @sub7even 

If you have done all possible troubleshooting steps, I recommend that you reach out to your local service center. We apologize for the inconvenience.