rubel123kiran
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog 3
Firmware Version: new version
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everytimr
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm facing a very heavy black crush display on my device can u please solve that issue cause when ever I see some horror or other dark movies this makes very awkward and loose intrest in seeing that clips, picture or any other videos.
screenshot-20201027-223313369.jpg
Even though I updated my mobile I'm facing this problem please look into this problem thank you
35 REPLIES 35

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rubel123kiran

@ARP_ASUS

Firmware version: 17.0823.2009.98

Apps: YouTube, MX player

Brightness settings: 56%

screenshot-20201029-111705541.jpg

screenshot-20201029-111650159.jpg

I'm still wondering that is this amoled screen or lCD because all blacks are visible as grey

View post
What movie is that? I want to test as well. For me the black crush is apparently fixed.

himverma2012
Rising Star II
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/128404#Comment_128404

What movie is that? I want to test as well. For me the black crush is apparently fixed.

View post
For me as well, black crush fixed to greater extent. Had red tint in youtube app at lowest brightness and 144Hz in .78 update. But with 0.98 update, red tint also has minimized.

KenWong
Star III
I think there are miscommunication between dev team and mod team. While mod team claimed .98 include some tweak to display, Detailed inspection before and after update have shown no improvement (not even slightest) nor shown any worsen state. I think there are reason why it wasn't listed in changelog. Thus far, in going as I predicted way back, they can only push one fota per month no matter the urgency. We are months into this since launch and ROG Phone 4 is coming up. Recurring pattern here is the assurance that next fota may have tweak of display. One fota per month, is just take them 8 fota to drag issues,

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
KenWong

I think there are miscommunication between dev team and mod team. While mod team claimed .98 include some tweak to display, Detailed inspection before and after update have shown no improvement (not even slightest) nor shown any worsen state. I think there are reason why it wasn't listed in changelog. Thus far, in going as I predicted way back, they can only push one fota per month no matter the urgency. We are months into this since launch and ROG Phone 4 is coming up. Recurring pattern here is the assurance that next fota may have tweak of display. One fota per month, is just take them 8 fota to drag issues,

View post
Have to disagree, I have a mucher harder time to produce black crush. I can only muster black crush at this point by having very specific conditions such as brightness level and movie/scene.
Also I see no announcment of the Rog4 anywhere. Stop pulling information out of your ass.

aguo1882
Star III
Should I upgrade to the latest version or not?