Headphone mic not working while gaming

omar_msd
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2109.172
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)
========================================
The headphone mic does not work properly while gaming. My friends cannot hear my voice.
I have done all mic tests and headset mic test and all of them pass
I have started encountering this issue once my phone installed the last automatic system update on Saturday.
Please help.
18 REPLIES 18

ronald1985
Community Legend I
omar_msd

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0410.2109.172
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)

========================================

The headphone mic does not work properly while gaming. My friends cannot hear my voice.

I have done all mic tests and headset mic test and all of them pass

I have started encountering this issue once my phone installed the last automatic system update on Saturday.

Please help.

Headphone mic not working while gaming
Are you using Discord or any apps that could be using the microphone at the same time? If so, I believe only one can do the microphoning as oppose to both.
However, below are some steps to take if the above doesn't apply.
Ensure you have provided the neccessary microphone permission to the game in question, Armoury Crate, Game Genie.
If this doesn't work, then reset preferences and permissions which can be found at - Settings - Reset options - Reset app preferences.
This will wipe out default app preferences and permissions, so you should be requested for granting permissions to the app.

omar_msd
Star II
I am only using this phone for gaming, i have made sure that the only applications that have microphone permission are pubg, genie game and armoury crate. I am not recording or using any third party application.
When i start the game, the microphone looks fine, but with time the quality of the voice decreases massively, it sounds like i'm in a tunnel or something like that.
Only happens while gaming.
I have tested the microphone of my phone and the microphone of my headset and they are working 100% fine.
And as i mentioned before this problem started immediately after my phone installed the latest software update.
Anything maybe i can try to fix this issue.
Thanks.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
omar_msd

I am only using this phone for gaming, i have made sure that the only applications that have microphone permission are pubg, genie game and armoury crate. I am not recording or using any third party application.

When i start the game, the microphone looks fine, but with time the quality of the voice decreases massively, it sounds like i'm in a tunnel or something like that.

Only happens while gaming.

I have tested the microphone of my phone and the microphone of my headset and they are working 100% fine.

And as i mentioned before this problem started immediately after my phone installed the latest software update.

Anything maybe i can try to fix this issue.

Thanks.

View post
Is the following settings enabled in Amoury Crate:
Amoury Crate - Console - Disable fan when microphone is active.
Ensure this is enabled.

omar_msd
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191403#Comment_191403

Is the following settings enabled in Amoury Crate:

Amoury Crate - Console - Disable fan when microphone is active.

Ensure this is enabled.

View post
Yes it's already enabled, and just to add i have tried to factory reset the phone two times to no avail