Google Assistant Snapshot Settings/Version Button Issue

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
I recognized every time I click on the Snapshot Setting Button:
screenshot-20220115-112514655-1.jpg
I've got following failed to connect issue:
screenshot-20220115-112525660.jpg
My Google App Version is also: 12.48.23.23.arm64
which bothers me too, because in the past I had a newer Version where I had also the new Option to remove the last 15 minutes in Discover, but after a fresh phone reinstall the Option ist gone.
Here's an example how it looks to me now:
screenshot-20220115-113439505.jpg
Do you have also the same issues, because everything is up to date and what is your latest Google App Version? Also the Same?
I don't want to delete the Cache or App Data, because after that the complete Assistant+Discover look even older.
Can't find a solution 🤷‍♂️ and looking for Help ♥️
Thanks in advanced.

8 REPLIES 8

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
It's somehow random. I reinstalled my phone just with 1 Account and everything worked properly which wasn't that way yesterday. Today I reinstalled my phone just for fun again, it worked, and after some Assistant Setting Changes the issue happened again. It's really weird and just confirms me, that this is really not a multiple account issue, more a synchronation issue with my Providers ( T-Mobile at home and o2 for mobile data ).
I believe it's an end to end issue with the Google Assistant and their respective Servers and today I will try it again, but with Google Account Recovery.
The strange issue I just can't understand if I just use Mobile Data why the issue still exists, but both companis had issues the last few days, so i will try my luck again and again...

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
BPM

I also have multiple accounts on my phone (a G Suite/Workspace/whatever-they-want-to-call-it-this-week account for a personal domain name, and a regular Gmail account), but didn't have any issues accessing the Snapshot settings for either of them.

Not sure what to tell you. Either it's an issue with that particular account, or your phone (app cache, etc).

View post
Issue sonehow fixed, but can't explain it why it happened each Reinstallation.
On my last try I recovered both my Google Accounts and after a hopefully last Reinstallation my Google Assistant did look completely different ( does ist somehow also update by itself withoout any notice? )
Because a few minutes later it looked like the latest Version ( without any change in the Version Number ) and I also had my Option back with "deleting the last 15 Minutes Activity" and also Trouble in Connection gone away and finally I can open the Snapshot Tab Settings again. A few minutes later, also the Voice Chat by swiping on the corner looks like it should look ( very small ).
I hope this behaviour never comes back...it really bugged my whole Sunday.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Helo ;PuweY Mention me in this thread if the same behavior comes back to bug you again.

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Helo ;PuweY Mention me in this thread if the same behavior comes back to bug you again.

View post
Dear Gustav thanks a lot for response, but after the 5th or 6th Re-Installation of the Phone the issue isn't there anymore. I just wonder for example, that on some of the many Re-Installations I had a different Google Discover Layout where I also could delete the last 15 Minutes from Google Search History ( the new latest Assistant Feature ) , but now or sometimes it changed back to the older layout. Yesterday was a Google App Update to a newer Version, but I still having the older Layout, but I already know that I had the new Layout with the Option to delete the last 15 Minutes already in an older Version. So far everything works fine now, also the Snapshot Setting Option Failure is gone ( maybe by recovering my Google Accounts even if it wasn't necessary ), but I just wanted still to mention that I still don't have the newest Layout.
Here's an example how it should look now:

quick-delete-max-1000x1000.png
It was there on few Re-Installations, but it's also missing/gone now...I don't even know if it's a bug or not.
I'm just happy that my Snapshot Settings work properly now.