This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog 3 refresh rate issue

jayanthbhatta
Star III
I request you to add 30 Hz refresh rate option for older games like gta vice city etc.....
I think this is a gaming phone most of the people will buy this phone for high end to low end gaming any way this is a gaming phone so I hope all games will run perfectly in this phone but old game are not running perfectly
Asus I request you to optimize the Asus rog phone 3 high-end to low-end gaming
11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jayanthbhatta

I request you to add 30 Hz refresh rate option for older games like gta vice city etc.....

I think this is a gaming phone most of the people will buy this phone for high end to low end gaming any way this is a gaming phone so I hope all games will run perfectly in this phone but old game are not running perfectly

Asus I request you to optimize the Asus rog phone 3 high-end to low-end gaming

Asus rog 3 refresh rate issue
Sadly this isnt exacly a reasonable request. I suggest instead that you write to rockstar games that they have to add a frame limiter that limits to 30fps.

BPM
Rising Star II
I don't have Vice City on Android, but I do have GTA 3. I just tested that, and couldn't find any issues with it. With the frame limiter enabled in the options, that hard locks the game to 30 fps.
Looking at your previous thread (I don't know why you're creating a second thread for the same issue...), Vice City also has a frame limiter option. If that's enabled and locking the game to 30 fps (if you're not sure, enable the real time stats widget from Game Genie) and you're still having issues, then that would be up to Rockstar to fix.
A lot of games are developed with animations and such locked to a specific framerate in mind, which is why running them at a higher fps than intended runs into issues (like emulating older DOS games on PC, for example).
One notable example I can think of is the PC port of Tales of Symphonia. The GameCube original ran at 30 fps, and Bandai Namco didn't want to put in the effort to increase it to 60 fps, so it was left as is. While a fanmade patch was eventually released, it wasn't as simple as unlocking the framerate as that broke animations and such.
I can't test Vice City (and I don't feel like paying 5 bucks to do so) but if the Android port of it isn't as good as the GTA 3 port, then that's on Rockstar to fix.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BPM

I don't have Vice City on Android, but I do have GTA 3. I just tested that, and couldn't find any issues with it. With the frame limiter enabled in the options, that hard locks the game to 30 fps.

Looking at your previous thread (I don't know why you're creating a second thread for the same issue...), Vice City also has a frame limiter option. If that's enabled and locking the game to 30 fps (if you're not sure, enable the real time stats widget from Game Genie) and you're still having issues, then that would be up to Rockstar to fix.

A lot of games are developed with animations and such locked to a specific framerate in mind, which is why running them at a higher fps than intended runs into issues (like emulating older DOS games on PC, for example).

One notable example I can think of is the PC port of Tales of Symphonia. The GameCube original ran at 30 fps, and Bandai Namco didn't want to put in the effort to increase it to 60 fps, so it was left as is. While a fanmade patch was eventually released, it wasn't as simple as unlocking the framerate as that broke animations and such.

I can't test Vice City (and I don't feel like paying 5 bucks to do so) but if the Android port of it isn't as good as the GTA 3 port, then that's on Rockstar to fix.

View post
Games that ties physics to FPS don't exist anymore, only old games from early 2000s suffer from this. Such as vice city and tales of symphonia. It's easier said than done to implement something that makes physics behave like on half the FPS. Even GTA 4 which is the latest game known to me that ties physics and animations to FPS took years and years to get modded so it's acceptable on 60fps, note how I mentioned acceptable, it's still far from perfect.

jayanthbhatta
Star III
BPM

View post
I also contacted rockstar games support they did nothing i sended mail,raised a ticket,and i also posted screenshots in grove street games facebook page they did nothing they are all eating our money and sleeping like pigs they did nothing use less support from rockstar games