cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Broke ROG Phone 3

Aerevyr
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3 (Strix version I believe)
Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0210.0210.230
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent (no variation)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Updating to latest Firmware Version the Phone app immediately "Call Ended" upon dialing a number, with the exception of emergency services (911) takes about 30 seconds but begins to ring.
Incoming Calls go straight to voicemail.
VoLTE option is not found in settings except in the "STATUS BAR ICON MANAGER" section where I can choose to have it display in the status bar (it doesn't display)
I have :
- Restarted the Phone
- Shutdown and Turned back on the Phone
- Enabled, waited up to 30 minutes, and Disabled Airplane mode multiple times (dozen+)
- Factory Reset the phone
- Installed Alternate launchers
- Gone through support with my Carrier (no issues on their end the SIM and everything works perfectly fine in non-ASUS-Android 12 phones)
47 REPLIES 47

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
w4ffl3s

After speaking to some devs for different phones but same snapdragon 865/865+ folks on the interwebs it seems that the culprit of a lot of your problems has to do with overlapping security software. Which is actually a Google problem not really Asus's end.

You know how sometimes in Windows the dates of oem drivers are set to to like 2006 even thought it's the latest. Its along those lines. But fear not they are working on a fix specifically the team from the Poco phone community. Has to do with how our phones do the A B saves. And how are stocks recovery keeps a copy of the dates but fails to erase it prior to boot. Will keep you guys posted. 🤘

View post
Elaborate about the security youre talking about.
Because as far as i can tell its actually caused by asus decision to remove sip which voLTE relies on to work.

ryououki
Star II
This is ridiculous! We shouldn't need to revert back to A11 for our damn phones to work, they are PHONES first and foremost! ASUS, this should have been fixed within hours of the problem being posted!

pauljohnmclerno
Star II
Hi I am new to this forum can anyone help me out & answer my question please ?
Is there any point of me updating my Asus Rog phone 3 to Android 12 ?
I am unsure if I should update my mobile to Android 12
I was on the beta but didn't like it
It was to buggy

DavidROG3
Star I
OK, I signed up so I can also state my making/receiving calls ended with Android 12. This can't be random issues, there are so many that had same thing occur. I too think it's dangerous to not be able to make any emergency calls. I hope they get working on this because I really don't want to have to buy a Samsung. I always prefer supporting the smaller business but the product NEEDS to WORK!

SapphireComet
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220043#Comment_220043

Elaborate about the security youre talking about.

Because as far as i can tell its actually caused by asus decision to remove sip which voLTE relies on to work.

View post
To be more precise Google removed SIP from Android 12 and told devs to use their own implementation.

So ASUS didn't remove SIP. But they defiently didn't replace it either.