cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Broke ROG Phone 3

Aerevyr
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3 (Strix version I believe)
Firmware Version: Version WW-31.0210.0210.230
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent (no variation)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Updating to latest Firmware Version the Phone app immediately "Call Ended" upon dialing a number, with the exception of emergency services (911) takes about 30 seconds but begins to ring.
Incoming Calls go straight to voicemail.
VoLTE option is not found in settings except in the "STATUS BAR ICON MANAGER" section where I can choose to have it display in the status bar (it doesn't display)
I have :
- Restarted the Phone
- Shutdown and Turned back on the Phone
- Enabled, waited up to 30 minutes, and Disabled Airplane mode multiple times (dozen+)
- Factory Reset the phone
- Installed Alternate launchers
- Gone through support with my Carrier (no issues on their end the SIM and everything works perfectly fine in non-ASUS-Android 12 phones)
47 REPLIES 47

SapphireComet
Star III
DavidROG3

OK, I signed up so I can also state my making/receiving calls ended with Android 12. This can't be random issues, there are so many that had same thing occur. I too think it's dangerous to not be able to make any emergency calls. I hope they get working on this because I really don't want to have to buy a Samsung. I always prefer supporting the smaller business but the product NEEDS to WORK!

View post
Depending on where you live you can text emergency services. Not an acceptable solution by any means and I hope you don't ever need to rely on it

Ineedmyphone4wo
Star II
Where is the fix???

Ineedmyphone4wo
Star II
As of today, mines working again. Right on time too, it's been about two weeks 😃

brlaas
Star I
I had rolled back to Android 11 on the 18th. I made sure auto update overnight was off. Tonight my phone said reboot to finish update, it had updated to Android 12 again. I ran a backup and rebooted. It actually works this time around so they must have fixed it. Still ugly AF UI though.

ClownVixen
Star II
Pheebau

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219376#Comment_219376

What do you mean by removing Google? Re-logging back to your Google account should let you access any backups you did in Google drive, no? If you could please clarify as I only backup using Google drive from the phone's settings.

Backups are not obvious to locate in Google drive but they are there. They are not easily located as they don't appear on the main page of your Google drive account main page.

Thanks.

View post
Hey, I just saw your reply. So Google does not allow you to restore an update from a higher Android version. Unfortunately, my phone auto-backed up my device after I installed Android 12, so when I reverted back: it overwrote my old backup.
The directions to revert back to Android 11 stated to sign out of Google from my device, but when I did that: Google alerted it deleted my backup - everything except my photos saved to the cloud. You may be able to try it without removing Google, but I'm not sure if that will work or not. Who knows, I could have the Android 12 backup still saved in the cloud, but when I go to Google Drive to check my backups: it does not show any prior to restoring back to Android 11.
Either way, I got screwed due to Google not allowing to restore a higher version and my backup was overwritten with Android 12 when it auto-updated. I searched some forums to find any work around, but I haven't found anything promising yet. I suppose you could try turning off auto-backup beforehand, reverting back, and then when you update back to Android 12 the backup should theoretically still be there.
If you do try any of these and they work for you, or find a work around, please let me know. My old phone was toast, so I couldn't use that to retrieve my old information by simply doing a data transfer.