rhogan618
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
144hz flickers nonstop on apps like Facebook, and YouTube. It also kills the battery now. I use to get 9 hrs out of this phone with 144hz enabled and now im luck if i get 5. I have had to switch to a lower refresh rate altogether. Can we get this fixed in the next update. Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
rhogan618

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

144hz flickers nonstop on apps like Facebook, and YouTube. It also kills the battery now. I use to get 9 hrs out of this phone with 144hz enabled and now im luck if i get 5. I have had to switch to a lower refresh rate altogether. Can we get this fixed in the next update. Thanks in advance.

144hz refresh needs fixed please
Please provide firmware and also possibly a video of the flickering issue.
As for your battery issue, perform battery calibration and then show stats from the battery screen. Battery drain is usually depends on your usage.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53470/144hz-refresh-needs-fixed-please

Please provide firmware and also possibly a video of the flickering issue.

As for your battery issue, perform battery calibration and then show stats from the battery screen. Battery drain is usually depends on your usage.

View post
Looks like the screen flickering issue is being addressed on the latest update:
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS

【Release Date】

2021/10/4

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Updated Android security patch to 2021-09.
  2. Fixed screen flickering issue under certain conditions.
  3. Fixed issue with device detection when using "Easy Wallet" and a specific reader.
  4. Fixed occasional issue with Google Maps navigation and inaccurate position .

[211004] ROG Phone 3_ZS661KS_WW_18.0410.2109.172

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
I'm still facing this issue.

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
On .172 update which I downloaded manually