This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Crash when connect HDMI on thunderbolt4 FX516PR

gusamba
Star I

I updated the BIOS of my FX516PR laptop to version 329 through the ASUS website some time ago. I used the BIOS for Windows option. After that, my Windows wouldn't start at all, it didn't recognize Windows. In an attempt to understand the problem, I installed Ubuntu and deleted the Windows partitions, including UEFI. From that day on, Windows did not recognize my SSD. After researching a lot, I saw that I needed a specific driver related to Intel's IRSST, which I got from the ASUS website and installed. After installing Windows, I updated all possible drivers that were available on the FX516PR website. However, since then, I haven't been able to use my USB-C hub with HDMI. It recognizes the keyboards and mice connected to it, but when I connect the HDMI, it freezes Windows and crashes. Neither the Intel IRIS XE Graphics Driver nor the Microsoft Basic Display driver work for this.

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ASUS

Hi @gusamba ,

Based on your description, we kindly request that you send the product to the local repair center to assist with BIOS downgrading to solve this problem.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location
Also you can contact the local service center for help.
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#

Apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

gusamba
Star I

It is strange, can it be only on windows bug? Because it works very well on linux.

Unfortunately, i live on Brazil but the laptop is from USA. And Asus Brazil doesnt offer support.  Very sad.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.